"Busy planning a route..." loop

I just got a Go 740 Live. It seems to work but it constantly loops the "Busy planning a route" message on the bottom of the screen. There was a similar tread a few years back but that advice didnt work in my case.
https://www.tomtomforums.com/general-tomtom-discussion/1674-busy-planning-route-loop.html

I can stop it if I select Clear Route - obviously this is not very useful.

I have tried a soft reset (5 times) and it hasnt helped.

Any suggestions?
I'll be driving across the country on the 27th and would like to have it working by then if possible.

Thanks

paul

Yes - it happens every time whether the destination is 2000 miles away or 3 miles away.

One other thing I noticed - when I request a weather report the voice sometimes cuts out before finishing the report. I think that this must be a lemon. I got it at Sams Club so I'll probably just take it back and try another one.

Thanks - Paul

Same problem on xxl540s

I purchased an XXL540S tom tom for christmas. I tried a simple route from Home to an address. After selecting "Done" my usnit is cycling with " Busy planning a route. Any suggestions?

I think I figured it out

I returned the "faulty" unit for a new one. Before I left the store parking lot I tried it with directions to the City Center. It worked no problems.

So then I got home and tried it - same old "Busy calculating route" problem. Then, when I looked at the map it showed me as being offroad. I live in a newer subdivision (3yrs old FYI). As soon as I drove up to the main road it was fine.

So I think it just does it if you are at a location that is not on the map.

Paul

Thank you for the additional feedback. Yes, that would do it. Since your location is not mapped, it can't figure out a navigational route to a location. I suspect if you let it keep trying, you'd finally get the 'no route found!' screen.

You can report your location using mapshare but you can't add roads using mapshare. Hopefully, the subdivision will be shown in the next map update..........

Ask a Question