Business Traveler

Status
Not open for further replies.
TomTom Model(s)
GO920T
I have been sitting on my hands, waiting for the best GPS for the buck. I finally chose the GO920T. I picked it up at TigerDirect for $420. Everyone else in my work group has gotten a Garmin. Guess who did the homework?

Taking my first trip with this unit this Sunday. Very excited.

I have a lot of reading ahead of me. I am interested in loading a .gpx file on my 920 and using the voice recognition feature.

The search button awaits!

Last edited:
My first trip went well. This is out of the box with all the updates. No third party software.

I stayed at the Berkeley marina and commuted to the San Francisco airport. The last morning (3AM) the 80/101 connection was blocked off without warning and dumped me off in some downtown area. The 920T routed me through the traffic lights and back to the 101 without having to lift a finger. Very nice at 3AM.

There have been three bugs I need to call tech support about.
1. I added a Favorite twice that it can't recall
2. Three times in SFO it failed to plot the fastest route with the antenna installed. I had to unplug the traffic antenna and reboot.
3. It will not allow speech recognition since a coworker stutterer to it. (Ive already checked the speech files in the North America folder they are all there I think it got its feelings hurt) :D

I liked the way the menu grew and added features. I never felt overwhelmed. I'll get around and contact tech support and post their comments.

Last edited:
Problems resolved

Called tech support. I was shown how to reset factory settings (tap screen, Change Preferences, page 8 Reset factory settings) All issues resolved.

Additional files will be placed on SD card and not internal memory.

I'm now off to Boston for a week, thanks for all the input and words of encouragement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question