Bug: missing streets (and workaround)

TomTom Model(s)
XXL
Enjoying my new TT but ran into 2 bugs. I couldn't find a bug-report forum, so here is the nastier bug:

I tried to set a favorite, using a street address. My city name, Berkeley, was the displayed choice, so I selected it. But my XXL couldn't find the street or any other nearby streets. (I've lived in Berkeley for 30 years, so I know my geography.) I tried this several times. It had no trouble finding streets in my own neighborhood.

So next time, I re-entered 'Berk'. Tom tom displayed 'Berkeley CA' and I selected it. Now it had all the "lost" streets.

So I suspect that it previously had only my own zip code loaded but has no way of telling me. Anyway, this looks like a bug to me. (And I have a long background in software development and QA.)

-Bill

Welcome to TTF, Bill.

This forum is NOT affiliated with TomTom so reporting bugs here will do you not much good. Many bugs in the maps can be reported by using mapshare corrections but the one you are reporting has to do with faulty searching algorithms in different parts of the application.

Call CS at 866-486-6866 and let them know.

Ask a Question