BT Q with WM6 on a Sprint Touch?

I'm looking at a 720 or 920 and am wondering if a Sprint Touch(CDMA) phone will pair with either of these. If so and you have any experience using it please make any comments. I just tried a V7 720 with BT and hands free(that's all that the V7 has) and it was dismal at best. by the time the unit showed a call the caller got 5-7 rings. It also kept losing a connection in my car. I do have a BT headset, but the voice isn't loud and I'm told that it sounds strange! The phone itself works great.

And can I use data for texts etc.

Thanks

I have the go 920 with a Sprint Mogul which has same hardware innerds as the Touch and my unit works fine as far as pairing up and all. I had to install a BT DUN cab program for the phone to be recognized as having data support (for tomtom plus services). All is a go other then being able to send DTMF tones while on call over BT.

Thanks, that's really good to hear, but how did you get the .cab. Tom tom is stonewalling me. I did see on a GPS blog where they show supported devices but neither one is listed.

It's a selling/buying point for me because I need BT and would like to take advantage of the SMS feature and since it's not supported they wont help after you buy. Even returning it might be difficult.

Thanks, that's really good to hear, but how did you get the .cab. Tom tom is stonewalling me. I did see on a GPS blog where they show supported devices but neither one is listed.

It's a selling/buying point for me because I need BT and would like to take advantage of the SMS feature and since it's not supported they wont help after you buy. Even returning it might be difficult.

Just go to this link and read everything then click on download link. there are two links in that thread select the one that sounds like it works. The file I got was called WM6_DUN.zip . I installed the cab file inside the zip and all was good.

Just go to this link and read everything then click on download link. there are two links in that thread select the one that sounds like it works. The file I got was called WM6_DUN.zip . I installed the cab file inside the zip and all was good.

what is that website, i tried a .cab from xda, and it did not work.

so i run the .cab on my Sprint Touch, then try and pair it, nothing else?

That is what worked for me for it to detect my phone as having DATA. After that I just had to pair the phone again and let it manualy configure the data connection since these phones are not in the list GPS has. Search for post where it gives you what to put in.
I recall all I had to put in is my sprint username/ password and dial number as #777 all else left blank and set to auto IP and DNS,

Ask a Question