Browsing Maps is Flaky

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 3rd Edition
I was using the "Browse Maps" feature on my TT One 3rd Edition again. Although I've turned off many custom and factory POIs there's still quite a lag.

Regardless, screen lag isn't the issue.

Several times while browsing, I was spontaneously kicked out of the map and back onto the main screen. At first I thought I might have touched the "done" button with my thumb. So I very carefully made sure only one finger was touching near the center of the screen. I was doing a lot of dragging, zooming, and tapping on POIs. Nevertheless, it must have happened four more times within 20 minutes.... just bounces me out onto the main screen.

Has anyone seen this before?

That is strange. I've never seen or heard that happen.
I assume this hasn't happen before.
Try a pin reset or run the flash tool.

I've noticed something like this too on occasion. I try to avoid going too close to the bar at the bottom. I always use a stylus from a Palm Pilot. It seems to happen more often with fat fingers.

I've noticed something like this too on occasion. I try to avoid going too close to the bar at the bottom. I always use a stylus from a Palm Pilot. It seems to happen more often with fat fingers.

Except I kept that in mind and my finger was no where near the bottom.

I was using the "Browse Maps" feature on my TT One 3rd Edition again. Although I've turned off many custom and factory POIs there's still quite a lag.

Regardless, screen lag isn't the issue.

Several times while browsing, I was spontaneously kicked out of the map and back onto the main screen. At first I thought I might have touched the "done" button with my thumb. So I very carefully made sure only one finger was touching near the center of the screen. I was doing a lot of dragging, zooming, and tapping on POIs. Nevertheless, it must have happened four more times within 20 minutes.... just bounces me out onto the main screen.

Has anyone seen this before?

I had this with my One Third Edition. Everytime I would try to "click and drag" the map to browse through it, the map would be slow. I also notice it pulling up all kinds of points when I was just trying to scroll. That was so annoying. I returned it and got the TomTom One that is not the third edition, I think it is the 2nd edition. I mainly did it because I wanted the itinerary mapping option but I notice that the map browsing/scrolling is WAY BETTER. It runs smooth and very rarely brings up a wrong area because I was just scrolling and hit that area by mistake.

I had this with my One Third Edition. Everytime I would try to "click and drag" the map to browse through it, the map would be slow. I also notice it pulling up all kinds of points when I was just trying to scroll. That was so annoying. I returned it and got the TomTom One that is not the third edition, I think it is the 2nd edition. I mainly did it because I wanted the itinerary mapping option but I notice that the map browsing/scrolling is WAY BETTER. It runs smooth and very rarely brings up a wrong area because I was just scrolling and hit that area by mistake.

That's very helpful. Thank-you.

It also confirmed my suspicions regarding the processor speed.

Sorry about this "not so smart" question but what does the flashtool do and does it work on the One XL?

There are no dumb questions on this forum!;)

This tool clears out the built-in flash memory and let's you start anew. (Note, the maps and other things are not affected.) Some problems in the past have been the inability to activate new maps. Reason: the flash memory was full and wouldn't accept the code. This tool empties it out.

Other strange problems have have been solved with this tool, so it seems worth the effort to try.

And yes, it should be OK for your One XL. But make sure you have a appropriate problem first.

Ask a Question