Brewers Association Brewerly List

Working on converting the list into a POI file. I'll post it up when it's done.

Just a quick update on the list. I'm making good progress and should have it ready to upload later in the week. As you can imagine, there are thousands of breweries in the US so it's taking a while to massage the data into a format that is easily converted, but it's progressing well.

The list will include all Brewpubs, Microbreweries, Contract Breweries, Regional Breweries and Large Breweries. I've removed all of the breweries from the list that listed their status as "planning' as these won't be open yet.

Ahhhh!

Can't wait!

I can see this POI affecting a large # of our summer destination routes. :D :D

Steve

Can't wait!

I can see this POI affecting a large # of our summer destination routes. :D :D

Steve

How true! Ok, one final tease - I've finished cleaning up the list, correcting address format poblems, etc and now I just need to finish geocoding the list. Hope to have the final product up tomorrow.

Ok, here's v1.00 of the Brewery POI. There are 1545 breweries included in this list. This includes microbreweries, brewpubs, regional breweries, contract breweries and large breweries. Where a phone number was included with the listing, I've included it in the POI file.

Since this is the first POI file I've made of this size, I'd like to get some people to try it out and see if they can find any issues or if there are any suggestions.

Look forward to hearing from anyone who uses this! Responsibly of course...don't drive drunk.

Attachments

• Breweries v1.00.zip
    41.2 KB · Views: 443
Great work on this indispensable POI!!

Ok, here's v1.00 of the Brewery POI. There are 1545 breweries included in this list. This includes microbreweries, brewpubs, regional breweries, contract breweries and large breweries. Where a phone number was included with the listing, I've included it in the POI file.

Since this is the first POI file I've made of this size, I'd like to get some people to try it out and see if they can find any issues or if there are any suggestions.

Great work on this POI! I spent a couple of hours putting together a list of Portland OR area brewpubs yesterday and then found this POI posted here. All the ones I entered (laboriously by hand into a TomTom One LE) were included, and there are a LOT of local brewpubs. The only thing I noted is that TomTom recommends a slightly different telephone format, but this one seems to work fine. All in all, I expect to use this a good deal in our travels. I just checked, and it does include the only brewpub in Key West, FL. We'll be checking it out next week!:)

Fred Brock

Last edited:
The only thing I noted is that TomTom recommends a slightly different telephone format, but this one seems to work fine.
Fred Brock

Fred,

What format does TomTom recommend for the phone number? I guess I thought I was using the recommended format based on some of the other POI files I've looked at.

Thanks!

Look forward to hearing from anyone who uses this! Responsibly of course...don't drive drunk.

I have it loaded in my 720 and works fine. One of our favorite thing to do in a new city or town is to find the closest local brew pub. Thanks for your effort. I did make corrections to two in the one I loaded to my TomTom. They are in Lake Placid NY. Lake Placid Pub and Brewery -73.9802 44.28376 and the Great Adirondack Brewing Co. -73.9852 44.29028. Is just listing the location changes here OK ??
Again, Thanks

I have it loaded in my 720 and works fine. One of our favorite thing to do in a new city or town is to find the closest local brew pub. Thanks for your effort. I did make corrections to two in the one I loaded to my TomTom. They are in Lake Placid NY. Lake Placid Pub and Brewery -73.9802 44.28376 and the Great Adirondack Brewing Co. -73.9852 44.29028. Is just listing the location changes here OK ??
Again, Thanks

Glad they were helpful! Yes, just list the locations and I'll update the list.

Thanks,
James

I know this is an old post, but I still use the POI file. In fact I just added a new brewery / Pub that just opened up close to me.

Crossroads Brewing Company (518)945-2337 42.260536 -73.809914

Not sure if this is being updated (hope it is) but it has been working fine in my 720, 920 and my new XXL550.

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadmanxJim

Latest Threads

Back