Brand New One XL-S User needs help...

Hello All,

Just received my new One XL-S today - powered it up right out of the box, did the quick setup, took it with me in the car & it worked just fine all day.

Got home this evening & decided to take advantage of the free latest map guarantee. Installed TomTom Home software & dowloaded the latest map update. It took awhile, but seemed to install easily. Everything looked great, so I also downloaded the Quick GPS Fix & that also installed easily.

After that, I disconnected from the PC & since then I get absolutely no GPS signal at all. I've tried sitting in my car for 15 minutes waiting for it to find the signal to no avail. I've powered up & down more than a few times & just get "The GPS signal was lost 1 sec ago" message before "No route planned" appears.

I've hit the reset button, but it's still no good.

Any ideas what might've happened & any remedy?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Has your unit found the satellites yet ?

If not, it could be having a problem getting a signal at that location for some reason. I have had mine have trouble getting a signal in the garage, and occasionally in a narrow alley or other obstructed place.

It sounds like the software was installed and works fine, so your updating should not have caused any problems.

Yes, it was actually showing up to 8 satellites, but just wouldn't display any GPS at all. Just that gray screen with no mapping whatsoever...

I finally just did the factory reset & was back in business.

Thanks for your reply!

Ask a Question