brand folder inside north_america_2GB folder

TomTom Model(s)
tomtom 720
hey all,

I notice in the folder named "brand" located inside the north America folder has several bmp images of stores, e.g. shee, mcdonald, subway. They seem to be POI icons, but are they used by the tt720? if so how do i activate them?
thanks

I don't have a 720 yet but I believe those show up on your navigation map.

If you go to Change Preferences | Enable/Disable POI the categories of POI's should be displayed. If they still have the generic POI categories like Restuarant, place a checkmark beside it.

Now if you were navigating, and you pass by a McDonald's you should see the actual logo instead of the generic restaurant symbol.

I thought I had screwed something up on my 720 since the brand icons don't show up for me either. If I control the "virtual" 720 using the HOME software then the brand icons do show up there. If you find out how to get them to show up, let me know.

yes yes, i see the same thing.
when i use the virtual tomtom on my comp with tomtom home. i see the brands pop up too.

I haven't found any way to enable them either, though I did see them in there. I thought that maybe they might be there for the future update when the "rich POIs" are going to be available.

I can't see them at all through the virtual TomTom on home, because I can't get that to work at all. It always just tells me to plug in the TT and turn it on, even when it is turned on. I've called support about it, and got someone who obviously had no clue who told me that the virtual TomTom is dependent on their support servers being functional and that the servers were having maintenance done on them for the past few days. It really didn't make any sense at all, but after having wasted about 20 of my cellphones minutes talking to someone who didn't have a clue, I gave up. I'm really having the worst time with TomTom's tech support.

Now that I know that it's working for the rest of you though, I can call back, I guess.

any chance of getting the NA "BRAND" folder up for me to look at?

hey all,

I notice in the folder named "brand" located inside the north America folder has several bmp images of stores, e.g. shee, mcdonald, subway. They seem to be POI icons, but are they used by the tt720? if so how do i activate them?
thanks

any chance of getting the NA "BRAND" folder up for me to look at?

There isn't anything in it besides the bitmaps.
brandfolder2.jpg

brandfolder.jpg

fullsize screenshots here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/angelmnemosyne/RandomPhotosHostedHere/photo#5098346779515460386
http://picasaweb.google.com/angelmnemosyne/RandomPhotosHostedHere/photo#5098346783810427698

Whats up with torn contact lense?

If you look at it closely, it's missing a small chunk out of it. That happened while it was in my eye, and the tiny piece was stuck in my eye. I took the photo to show someone else how small of a piece it was that was stuck so they could help advise me whether or not I should see a doctor.

Ask a Question