BR Map

Do you feel safe traveling with Tomtom Brazilain map?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Just in the south

• Total voters
TomTom Model(s)
XXL 540S
I bought my XXL540S (2GB) in the USA, in 2009, and subsequently acquired maps from Brazil and Europe. Both in the U.S. and in Europe the information are very good. Last year, I made an update of the Europe map, before a trip by England, Scotland and Ireland.
However, I felt cheated about the Brazilian map. In January 2011, I travelled to "Salvador/BA" , by BR 101, and had several very misinformation on this old road stretches, plus several times I was indicated as positioned outside the road... In Salvador, a lot of wrong information...
Now, in March, for going to Salvador, I chose a path via "Montes Claros/MG", by BR 040, and from there to "Brumado/BA" and "Feira de Santana/BA. Before travelling, I made an update to the information available to the Brazilian map, once I did not set out to invest in a new map, for which I did not know which was the fixes already made (nowadays, it is twice mine) - especially, because the cost is too high for the "amount" of information provided (it costs the same of Central European map with about 20% size) - only to get a sense of how small the Brazil map file is, in my limited Tomtom, one can put it in the space left with the USA map or an European section map...
It was a useless instrument in this journey, because did not recognize options existing roads and many, many times pointed me off the road.

Ask a Question