Booting Problem TOMTOM GO 700

When booting my tomtom the drum noise goes off and displays the red hands.... From there the screen shows a tomtom screen with a blank screen. About 30 seconds afer that the splash screen comes up and then the tom tom turns off. While the tomtom witht he blank screen is rotating on the tomtom the touch screen is non-responsive.

When plugging in the USB the "please wait" screen comes on then the spinning hard drive pops up then the splash screen comes on and it turns off.

I have tried to reset the tom tom many times with no changes in this process.

This all started one day when I was merely typing in an address to "navagate to" the tom tom seemed to crash and then it has not works since then

Can anyone lend some pointers?

Thank You

Shawn

I don't have a GO 700 but it's usually the case when the magic button 'reset' is pressed it works wonder.

I'll point you to this thread: https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=1370

It has been sugested that you hold the reset button for more than 10 seconds. I would say hold it for 30 seconds or more, see if that helps you out.

I hope someone with a GO 700 can help you out.

Ask a Question