Bluetooth with a convertible

Has anyone had any experience with using Bluetooth (on the 720) with their top down, and how well it works? Thanks.

Using bluetooth with what function? Just connecting a device, top or no top, should be no issue? Sound and background noise will always be an issue.

Not using a 720, but when I get into my cabrio (Mini) with my cell phone and my Jabra BT500 headset (that is not a noise canceling headset) I cannot carry on a conversation at all.

If you're using the headset in lieu of using the internal speaker of the 720 only, you might be ok, but if you are syncing to a phone expecting to make or receive calls (without noise canceling) forget it.

NOTE: The background noise gets worse if the windows are down.

I'm considering one of the blueant headsets that offers noise canceling when I need a new one.

I was referring to using Bluetooth to make calls with the 720, but I'm guessing that's probably wishful thinking. How does it work within the car with top and windows up? Does well does the TT microphone pick up your voice?

Ask a Question