bluetooth with a 520 on bike??

Hi can anyone help? I have the go520 and would like to use this on a bike, can i use a bluetooth connection so i can just wear a earpiece to hear the directions must be blutooth and small enough to wear a helmet also anyone got any ideas? Thanks.

It is possible to do this but you need to make sure the headset supports the A2DP Bluetooth profile (Thats Stereo audio via Bluetooth), even if the headset supports A2DP there is no 100% way of knowing whether it will work with the TomTom as the TomTom devices are best described as fickle when it comes to Bluetooth conectivity - Best approach is to take the nav unit in to a store and ask to try before you buy.

I have evn been told by some shop staff in the UK the TomTom can't connect to Bluetooth stereo's in a car, I took great delight in proving them wrong! - Mike

I have a BlueAnt Q1 that works with my Go920,if you go to the speaker preferences and select "bluetooth hi-fi device" it searches for the BT headset(probably best to set the headset to "Pair").

Ask a Question