Bluetooth through Speakers

TomTom Model(s)
Is there a way to get your phone conversation to go through your car speakers instead of the tomtom internal speaker?

Is there a way to get your phone conversation to go through your car speakers instead of the tomtom internal speaker?

I don't know about all of the Tomtoms but I suppose it you had
a tom tom with a headphone out jack or a blue tooth thing, you could plug this into one of those mp3/ipod/zune thinggy that broadcasts the signal
over the radio.

There use to be a mod you could before NavCore 7 firmware update which you could do what you ask but with the latest firmware, AFAIK, you can't do it.

Not at this time with your 720. In talking to tech support about a week ago, they acknowledged that this was a shortcoming that they would like to address in a future software release. As I and others have noted here, this code won't be entirely simple -- the echo cancellation to avoid having your car audio feed back into your TT720 microphone and back to the person on the other end isn't trivial, and may be holding them up, and to be done right, must be tailored to the specific acoustic characteristics of the TT720. It's even a bit harder since they can't make any assumptions about your car audio system or the acoustics of your car. It's not all THAT easy on a speakerphone unless you do a simple half-duplex (one side can talk at a time) system, but with ambient noise in your car otherwise capable of trigger the microphone audio on your end, even that can be a trick to get right.

Bluetooth Audio Issues

I have a blackjack that pairs with the 720 for wireless (not data)

it seems to work well except when i am driving. the volume coming out of the internal speaker fluctuates. usually it fluctuates down to a point where i cant hear anything. i drive a truck, so you cant exactly hear a pin drop over the engine/wind noise. do you think that this is causing the mic to pick up and mute the volume? has anyone else experienced this? any potential fixes?

thanks,

stephan

Ask a Question