Bluetooth software update?

I'm really tired of having to reset my 720s for the bluetooth to work. The software update that messed up bluetooth was in May. Any news of when the next software update will be released?

I'm not aware of an imminent software release.............but that doesn't mean a thing. There could be a firmware update any time. Whether it fixes the problem? Well, that's another story...........:confused:

I'm really tired of having to reset my 720s for the bluetooth to work. The software update that messed up bluetooth was in May. Any news of when the next software update will be released?
I don't know what software you were using before or now.

3.51 caused the directional and [Find] keys not to work with the phone book and the remote control.
Reverting to 8.302 has done the trick for me and others.

A reply to the Support question raised was that they were aware of the problem and hoped to solve it in the software version after the next one.

If your phone is a Nokia, check for a firmware update for that. For me, at least, that solved the bluetooth problem, and I was also ablo to run 8.35 on the Go. The firmware update on the phone fixed the bluetooth stack.

That said, I do still have to reset the GO once in a while, or reboot the phone. But I no longer have to reload the pairing like I used to. See my other posts.

I found that two bluetooth devices connected at once -in some cases- will not allow the phone to connect.. Hope this helps My two cell phones (SANyo & Samsung) are not even on TOMTOM list but work fine. Pairing & getting all features working took multiple tries & tweaking as the search for features happens.

With Bluetooth Nokia's cause the most problems.
E61 E71 & N95 , all with latest Software .caused nothing but problems with GO720/750
Its been well documented but I dont know of any major differences between bluetooth on those phones compared to others.

I have an LG Dare (Verizon). Bluetooth worked fine before last May's software update. I do not recall what was in that update but I know it fixed other problems so it makes no sense to go back a version. Every couple of weeks, the 720 and my phone will not connect. Pushing the reset button on the 720 fixes the problem until it occurs again. This happens on botjh of my 720s. I have one in my car and one in my my truck.

TomTom's software updates always seem to fix some problems but cause others. They do not release fixes for the new problems quick enough.

TomTom's software updates always seem to fix some problems but cause others. They do not release fixes for the new problems quick enough.

Agreed, Tomtom attempted to retrofit so many features in the older GO models, which always seemed to break stuff. Then, because the models were older, they never got the priority on bug fixes. We see update-after-update on the GO x40 and x50, and the very unstable GO x20/x30 software remains unfixed. This is especially irritating because Tomtom never released the new high-end Tomtoms in the US.

With Bluetooth Nokia's cause the most problems.
E61 E71 & N95 , all with latest Software .caused nothing but problems with GO720/750
Its been well documented but I dont know of any major differences between bluetooth on those phones compared to others.

In the US, handsfree seems to work fine on most phone except for the entire Nokia E-series, the Razr2 V8 (v9 works fine), and some LG models (I forget which ones).

Nokia in particular seems to be the most stable (excluding E-series). I've had no problems with an N97, 6263, and a few other models that I no longer remember.

Ask a Question