Bluetooth Problem with SonyEricsson Z520a

My wife and I both have the same model phone (Z520a) purchased at the same time. I am able to connect to each of them from my GO 510 via Bluetooth, but every time I connect the phone asks if I want to add the TomTom to my device list. If I say yes, I have to enter the passcode again. If I say no, I get no connection. When I disconnect from the TomTom it is still in my device list on the phone, but if I try to connect again I have to go through the same process. :mad:

Before anyone asks, every time I connect the TomTom I tell my phone not to ask before allowing it to connect. I even looked in my device list and verified that it is set that way. It seems to be a problem on TomTom's end, like it is trying to pair with my phone every time instead of simply connecting to it.

I have several other Bluetooth devices, including a couple of headsets and another handsfree device. I had to pair these devices (enter the passcode) with these phones the first time but once that was done I just turn on the device and it connects to the phone without any interaction from me.

Once it is connected, I can dial the phone and hear the it ring via the TomTom, so I know I have a good connection. I am just frustrated with having to enter the passcode every time I connect the phone -- it should be painless!

Can anyone offer me any suggestions to get around this problem? :confused:

I tried to send an email to TomTom customer service via their website but got an error when I submitted it. Does anyone have an email address for them?

BTW, I am running v6.525 on my 510. Thanks in advance...

Ask a Question