Bluetooth not loud enough

TomTom Model(s)
740 LIVE
I am using a TT 740 LIVE and I can barely hear the person who calls me. They say that they can hear me fine, but it sounds like they are whispering to me. The volume is on 80% and the voice prompts are almost too loud. Is there a volume setting for just the bluetooth? I am using an iPhone incase that matters.

I don't know much in this area but I do know that if you make the call using a TOMTOM, a separate volume slider appears for you to adjust to hear the other person. So maybe the iphone works the same way...make a call using it and look for a separate volume slider to show up on the screen.

Prior to breaking my TT750, one of the very few things I did manage to do was to connect my phone (Nokia E51) to my device.
The volume seemed low of the person talking through the TT and, as I have done with other bluetooth headsets/ hands-free kits I have owned, I naturally reached for the volume control on my phone, rather than bluetooth unit. This seemed to help. I don't know if the iphone has this (most likely it does) as I haven't used one try, but increasing the volume on your iphone during a call as it may affect the volume being passed through to the TT (buttons on the side?).

Ollie

Ask a Question