Bluetooth Headset - WOOT!!!

I recently bought a Blueant Q1 BT earpiece and the newest firmware "enables A2DP audio streaming",so I figured I'd try and see if I could get my GO920 to give instructions over the earpiece .After changing the "speaker preferences" Change Preferences> scroll to Speaker Preferences>Bluetooth Hi-Fi device and rebooting the GO920 the instructions play over the earpiece.I did a search here and found very little successes with instructions over a headset ,so not sure it's a huge accomplishment,but it made me happy. :D

Still have to take it out for a test run,but it seems to work sitting at my desk.

Last edited:
My understanding is that a bluetooth TT unit can only be paired with one item at a time.

The BlueAnt Q1 is "Multi-point" meaning it can connect to as many as 8 devices,but the TomTom can only connect to one at a time.I have both my GO920 and my cellphone connected to my Headset.I don't use any of the Services that would require me to have the TomTom paired to my phone.

Last edited:
A TomTom device can connect to multiple BT connections at the same time but only one device for each Bluetooth profile it supports. For example I often run with the following connected to any of my Go devices:

a/ Bluetooth Remote control
b/ Bluetooth handsfree (phone)
c/ Bluetooth A2DP HiFi audio

No problems with any of the above even when the are all in use/ connected at the same time, although I tend to only use the TT for handsfree when driving Hire cars as my own car has a decent quality Bluetooth system installed in it - Mike

Ask a Question