Bluetooth data with Verizon Blackberry Storm

[moved from another thread - snip by MVL]

one other thing... i synced up my Blackberry Storm from Verizon to the tomotm but only my phone book transferred. the wireless data wont work though. keeps saying fail. there is no work around to this issue is there? if not oh well. thanks again for your help.appreciated.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
What specifically is the data error message? What does it say if you try to go to Tomtom Services on the Tomtom and choose Weather?

In Home, if you go to "show items on my device" in the second menu, do you have "phone connection settings" on your Tomtom, and if you do, clicking "more info" is it version 15?

Let us know the answers to the above and we'll see what we can do to troubleshoot.

yes it is

it is version 15, when i click on "weather", it says, you need to set up a wireless data connection, i hit yes. says checking and if password enter "0000"gets to 50% and then says, an error occurred,unable to complete task.do you want to set up wireless data connection manually? so i hit yes...it asks me for access point name..? i have no idea what that means????

also this info

when set up the phone and its searching for features on my phone, it says,... the phone blackberry 9530 is now ready for hands free calling. the following features were found: hands free calling,wireless data connection, and phonebook. the handsfree and phonebook work, i just cant get it to setup wireless data.

no they did not

i went into weather and put in exactly what you said... phone# should be no dashes and area code correct? thats how i did it. it then says unable to set up your wireless data connection.:confused:

I don't have Verizon any longer (switched to T-mobile in 2005), maybe they changed their connection settings lately.

Read through and try the Verizon solutions on this post, and if doesn't work you can also try posting for help there. You have to make sure you have paid for the Verizon data plan. Also, for some blackberries you need to install Bluetooth DUN patches (Tomtom doesn't work with the newer Bluetooth PAN profiles).

Ask a Question