Bluetooth connection 910 to Blackberry 8100

I am trying to connect to the TomTom Traffic servers via my Blackberry 8100. Previous versions of the Blackberry would not allow a user to do this because of security concerns. The 8100 now allows this type of connection. I can connect with my laptop, via bluetooth, to my 8100 and surf the internet at acceptable speeds. I manually setup my internet connection on the 910. I used the exact same values on the 910 that I did on my laptop and it will not connect.

Setting on laptop that work.
APN: leave blank
Username: leave blank
Password: leave blank
Number to dial: *99#
Modem Initialization string - +cgdcont=1,"IP","WAP.CINGULAR"

As I said this works with my laptop but not on the 910. I have also tried many different variables including.

APN: wap.cingular
Username: (e-mail address removed)
Password: CINGULAR1
Number to dial: *99#
Modem Initialization string - +cgdcont=1,"IP","WAP.CINGULAR"

Anyone had any luck doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

I don't think users have tried to connect their blackberry for TT Plus, but if there is a will there is a way.
Can you connect your phone for handsfree purpose?
For TT Plus, the username and pw is the same one would use to log into TT's website.

Actually many have tried and failed. I found a thread over at blackberryforums.com and it doesn't work. TomTom support has not responded to the BB Forums member's request to this point. If we do figure it out I will post it here. Thanks for the response.

Sorry to hear that. I read a few posts with the blackbery forums and someone mentioned that the blackberry is limited with bluetooth data - it only allows for hands free voice bluetooth, not data.
Im not sure if this is true.

The 8100 allows for bluetooth data because I connect to it via my laptop with bluetooth and check email and such every week when I am traveling. The 8100 is the only Blackberry that allows this functionality. That is one of the reasons I purchased the phone.

Thanks for the response.

Ask a Question