Bluetooth Car Connect

I was looking around online today and I found something about a TomTom Car Connect. It says it is a bluetooth box that goes behind the dashboard and allows you to use the navigation, phone and mp3 player functionality thru your car stereo. It also allows you to automatically switch to night mode when you turn on the headlights. Does anyone know anything about this?

The Car Connect kit was discontinued. Not sure if it even was ever produced. Do a search and you will find a couple of threads on the subject.

Correct. TomTom didn't move forward on this.
They went ahead and made the FM transmitter mount.

I've also seen some sites too.
Im not sure if it just states its in stock or what.
I also haven't heard of any reviews or information on the web, including TomTom's website.

I also didnt find any reviews. Since TT's car kit has to be installed by profis, then I'd rather by an ISO/CAN BUS adapter/connector, their cheaper and do the same job.

I often wonder about some of these sites. Some months ago the traffic module showed in stock for several companies in the US when we all knew they were not available here. I called several out of curiosity. Most simply said the site was in error and they were "SOLD OUT" ...sure they were.... One place actually started taking my order and when we got to the pay us now place I asked them to confirm that the unit was in stock. Hold, hold, hold, hold, Sorry the unit is temporarily out of stock but you can complete the order and we will ship upon arrival which should be less than a week. I did not complete the process.

It seems to me that I read a post some place that an individual had one of these kits and that the directions were so lacking that neither he nor a professional installation shop could hook it up. Can't remember where I read the post. Might have been on that UK web site.

There were some kits that a big box vendor had but they were not really designed for x10 series. This particular vendor indicated that they could make it work by using some adapters etc. Not sure if anyone has posted here that they ever installed one though. The one that I did read about elsewhere, no idea where now, did not work and the post indicated it was removed.

Ask a Question