Bluetooth and Tom Tom in new forrestor cannot hear phone

I just bought a new forester that has Bluetooth on the Tom Tom navigation. When radio plays, no problem with music coming through speakers. When I use the blue tooth, the sous seems to be coming from another set of speakers and it's very low volume. I can't hear it when driving down the road. I can't figure out how to adjust volume on Bluetooth. Normal vol controls don't work and vol on Tom Tom is turned up high. I also have xm radio installed w a separate screen. Xm seems to be ok going through the speakers. It's fuzzy but loud enough. Anyone know why I cannot hear the Bluetooth or why it isn't going through the regular speaker system?

I assume that using Bluetooth means you are trying to use the handsfree function with a phone?
If this is the case make a call then adjust the volume on the sat nav while you are in the call, the handsfree volume can only be adjusted in a phone call, it looks like the usual volume control so you can't really tell the difference by looking at the screen - Mike

Thank you. I figured it out. My Tom Tom seems to be using a different set of speakers than the stero, is this normal?

Thank you. I figured it out. My Tom Tom seems to be using a different set of speakers than the stero, is this normal?

Chris...I to have a Forester purchased earlier this year. Have you found out anything further about the speaker and volume issue? I have also wondered what was going on here as well with the Bluetooth volume.

Ask a Question