Bluetooth and Alltel Motorola V3C

Man oh man, I ask this question with much trepidation, but I have to ask. I just finished wading through about 7,000 posts looking for the answer and could not find it, so I hope that someone can help me!

I have a new TT One XL*S, and am in the process of attempting to pair it with my Motorola V3C phone, which I have with Alltel as a provider. The phone sees the TT, the TT sees the phone, but it will not complete the process. Has anyone successfully used an Alltel phone with the TT for Plus services using manual settings or otherwise?

I have seen many posts here and in other forums regarding Verizon, T-Mobile, and other carriers, and many other phones, but nothing regarding Alltel. I am able to surf the net on my phone without problem. I can use it as a modem connected to my laptop to get a connection as well. Someone please help!

The phone you use us the dame one as I user and this is there anwser.

Take in mind That My phone is a V3C also.

Response (ST Thomas La) 09/14/2007 05:14 PM
Dear David,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support with regards to pairing your Motorola RAZR with the TomTom ONE. Unfortunately, your phone is not compatible with the TomTom ONE. TomTom units need a GPRS data connection to access PLUS services, but the RAZR from Telus Mobility uses an EVDO connection.

If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

With Best Regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Something is funny here.

If I understand correctly TomTom uses the DUN profile to connect to TT+ so if one assumes that the CDMA phone has not had it's bluetooth crippled then it should not matter which carrier it is as long as you have a data plan that will allow the use of DUN.

I have no information about Sprint, sorry.

I do know that Verizon has crippled bluetooth in the past BUT it looks like less so on the newer phones.

I've talked to the manager at my local Verizon store and they are going to let me test my 920T, when it get here, on their demo phones. All of their demo phones have all of the Verizon features enabled.

Motorola: V9M, Z6tv, MOTO Q, K1M
LG: Voyager, Chocolate, Venus(maybe)

I'm planing to test them the following in order:
V9M, Z6tv,K1M, Chocolate, Voyager, Venus, MOTO Q

I'm planing to test: Handsfree, Download PB, SMS and TomTom Plus access.

At this time I don't expect to see my 920T until after the 25th, ordered from Amazon for $549 so I have to wait until it get here.

I'm open to testing other phones if I have time.

The phone you use us the dame one as I user and this is there anwser.

Take in mind That My phone is a V3C also.

Yeah, I talked to someone at Alltel last night that seemed to know what they were talking about, and the only phone they carry that uses GPRS is one of the Blackberry phones, so he tried to sell me a GPS ready phone. :mad: I told him I already had a GPS unit, I just needed my phone to work with it! He claimed that the GPRS is a slower protocol than the one Alltel uses, but I do not know or understand anything about that. Thanks for the response!

It does not matter if your data provider is listed by tomtom or not, all you need to know is:

dial #, #777 for Verizon.
username, ##########@vzw3g.com for VZ
password, vzw for VZ

Once your TT is paired to your phone, select "other" and enter above info. I don't know Alltel, but a simple google search should pop out these info.

Of course your phone must be able to do DUN for this to work. New CDMA phones are either disabled on EVDO DUN or require an extra $15.

My TT1 LE works great with my VZ Q.

Last edited:
It Works!!!

It does not matter if your data provider is listed by tomtom or not, all you need to know is:

password, vzw for VZ

Once your TT is paired to your phone, select "other" and enter above info. I don't know Alltel, but a simple google search should pop out these info.

Of course your phone must be able to do DUN for this to work. New CDMA phones are either disabled on EVDO DUN or require an extra $15.

It works! I used the Verizon settings, with my Alltel phone [email protected], and the Verizon password (vzw) and standard dial-up that my TT1 automatically entered, and my TT1 XL*S connected! I could not believe it! Select auto for the DHCP and the DNS settings, and leave the Access Point and the Logon Script blank. I do not have the "required" GPRS service, I have a CDMA Motorola Razr V3C phone, but the settings worked and I am able to connect! Yippee!

Last edited:
It worked on my PALM 755 also. I to am with Alltel, and have a 910. I followed the same instructions and it worked like a charm. Thank you.

Where do you dial from? From phone or Tom Tom one LE? Where do you give the
username & password.
in Tom Tom one LE. I apologize for dumb question. I have a verizon.

password, vzw for VZ

I followed the instructions like you described before, and it said it was unable to verify the wireless connection, or something like that

Please excuse my ignorance... but I could use a little assistance. I have the following devices

Cell Phone: Palm Treo 700WX by Sprint
TomTom: One XL~S

Where do you enter the dial information?
My phone already has the #777 dial set up for my wireless data package.

How can you get it to pair with a device, it gives me an error?

Do you enter this after pairing the device?

Are there settings you change on the TT & Cell Phone?

Does the XL~S work only with the Data Package or will it also work as hands free calling

Please excuse my ignorance... but I could use a little assistance. I have the following devices

Cell Phone: Palm Treo 700WX by Sprint
TomTom: One XL~S

Where do you enter the dial information?
My phone already has the #777 dial set up for my wireless data package.

How can you get it to pair with a device, it gives me an error?

Do you enter this after pairing the device?

Are there settings you change on the TT & Cell Phone?

Does the XL~S work only with the Data Package or will it also work as hands free calling

You enter the information while entering the phone settings on the TT, not on the cell phone. If the TT will not pair with your bluetooth device, I am not sure what you are doing wrong. Select other for device and for service, do not select your device. You cannot use the TT XLS for hands free calling, only for the traffic and weather features.

Ok...
So where do you put the Phone settings on the TT?
This is what I do, please tell me if I am doing it wrong...

First I go to the main menu on the TT device,
Then I click on TomTom Plus services,
Then I click on TomTom Weather,
Then it says it needs to pair with a bluetooth enable device, so I say YES
It then finds my cell phone and asks if my phone is what I want to connect to
I say YES, then it gets an error, It says "The required features could not be found for this phone".

Please let me know if I am doing this properly or not.

Ok...
So where do you put the Phone settings on the TT?
This is what I do, please tell me if I am doing it wrong...

First I go to the main menu on the TT device,
Then I click on TomTom Plus services,
Then I click on TomTom Weather,
Then it says it needs to pair with a bluetooth enable device, so I say YES
It then finds my cell phone and asks if my phone is what I want to connect to
I say YES, then it gets an error, It says "The required features could not be found for this phone".

Please let me know if I am doing this properly or not.

It sounds right, just make sure your phone is in Discoverable mode when your TT is searching. That was the mistake I made the first time.

My cell phone is set to be discoverable. The TomTom finds my phone and asks if it is the one I want to connect to, it is after this and can't connect to the Tomtom. I can also look on my phone and it see's the TomTom in the list of Bluetooth devices around.

My cell phone is set to be discoverable. The TomTom finds my phone and asks if it is the one I want to connect to, it is after this and can't connect to the Tomtom. I can also look on my phone and it see's the TomTom in the list of Bluetooth devices around.

I'm not sure what else to tell you. Once my TT found my phone, it connected and went to the next steps, where it asked for the server and connection information, but if you are unable to connect, I do not know what else to tell you to try. :confused: Sorry I cannot be more help.

Ask a Question