Blue Screen of Death with Windows 7 X64 and TT Home 2.8.

TomTom Model(s)
XL 340TM
Hi Folks,

Lately when I connect my XL340TM to my computer to check for updates, about 50% of the time when I turn it on, and select "connect to computer" it causes my PC to BSOD.:help:

I'm running Windows 7 X64 and TomTom Home 2.8.

Any tips, suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually have an XP partition on my system, so I'll install "Home" on there and give it a try.

I was just looking at the system requirements, and it appears that "Home" isn't compatible with the 64 bit operating system,:rolleyes: so that might be my problem.

Thanks

fpapp -

The easiest would be to try and run in 'xp compatible mode... (if that works :cool:)

Not sure, but I'm thinking that if you install it to your xp partition - this is just like a different machine; and you will have to create a new TT account/ or transfer the TT account status etc.

D.

. . . I was just looking at the system requirements, and it appears that "Home" isn't compatible with the 64 bit operating system,:rolleyes: so that might be my problem.

Thanks

My Home v 2.8.1.2218 works fine on my system - including "Operate my ONE XL" . . .

Toshiba A665
i3 CPU 2.27 Ghz
4GB ram
Win 7 64-bit

Perhaps there is an issue other than 64-bit . . . you could also double-check you have the latest version of Home installed.

Hope you can get rid of the BSOD!

The last few days I've been updating through my Windows XP partition, and have had no problems, so I guess I'll continue to use it for updates.

I don't know why I'm having problems with Windows 7 X64 and my TomTom, but nothing else has caused it to BSOD.

Thanks for the replies.

Just to add to the mix, I have Windows 7 Premium 64 bit. Tom Tom Home with all the features and the XXL 540 TM works great. Had some drama back in Dec and Jan but those issues were resolved with later updates and downloads.

Last time I had a blue screen, it was a driver problem that I figured out by using safe mode. I finally had to get some cheep software like driver doctor which fixed the screen. Try the program is safe mode and see

I have win 7 x64 also and I have ran in to lots of trouble updating also. I am updating right now...(knock on wood)

I have a Windows 7 x64 Ultimate box that has had the BSOD when using my ONE 130 since day one of getting the 130. So far I have not had issues with my new XL340TM. We'll see how it goes I've only had the 340 for a few days.

Blue Screen on updating

Yes, I get this now. I also use WINDOWS 7 64 bit. I have not updated my TT One Special Edition 3 for some time so I don?t know if this is due to a Microsoft update or what. Any thoughts would be very welcome. Tim

Ask a Question