Blank SD Card...

ok, i will try and keep this question short, and to the point...

i have a TT1 with a SD card in it (original card)
there was a problem with card, windows kept saying it was corrupt and unreadable.
after looking on some other forums, i decided to format the card
i could not access the files on the card as windows said it was corrupt (on 2 PC's, using tomtom, and Card reader)
i therefore had nothing to back up..

i am now left with a formatted SD card, with nothing on it, and HOME doesnt recognise my TT1 as a device..

i need help quickly please..
will keep checking back here..

thanks in advance for any help..

If you erased your map and you never did a backup, then it's gone, gone, gone! You will have to contact TomTom customer service and beg and plead, provide proof of purchase, and perhaps they will give you a new map.
Other than that, you will have to purchase a new one.

The 'Home' program will reinstall the firmware.

Another possibility is to return it for exchange to where you bought it, if you've had it for less than 30 days.

If you erased your map and you never did a backup, then it's gone, gone, gone! You will have to contact TomTom customer service and beg and plead, provide proof of purchase, and perhaps they will give you a new map.
Other than that, you will have to purchase a new one.

The 'Home' program will reinstall the firmware.

Another possibility is to return it for exchange to where you bought it, if you've had it for less than 30 days.

the only problem is, it wont even install the firmware...

when i connect it to home, and try to install the ONE application, it says i dont have enough free space.. (~8MB) and the card is empty...

if only i could get the firmware, then i could worry about the map..

if i have a friend who has the same satnav, could i make a copy of his card and use the activation code of my card???

Your card seems to be not formatted correctly.
The Panasonic formatter program can be found here:

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/sd_formatter.html

(If that doesn't work, I would consider purchasing a new SD card. Kingston and Sandisk brands are known to work well)

I have put the firmware here for you to download:

http://download.yousendit.com/A080411A419D302A

(You will have to sign up to get access, but this is painless!)

As for copying a friends map and using your own product code for activation, this most definitely should work.

Hi, I have a similar problem. I was trying to add another map to the factory SD card, but TT1XL doesn't fire up so I stupidly formatted the SD card without backing up. :( :( :(

I still have my original cd but TT Home won't recognize the device so i can't copy the map to the SD card.

Will installing a firmware help? can some1 upload the firmware again please? :( :( :(

Please Help

The map is not on the cd. So if you hadn't backed it up, it's gone. Better get in touch with TomTom customer service.

The map is not on the cd. So if you hadn't backed it up, it's gone. Better get in touch with TomTom customer service.

Thanks for the reply, but I do have a copy of the map.

I just tried to reinstall tomtom home, copied TomTom application for ONE to the SD card but still the TT1XL won't fire up. It loads the SD card fine but then its stuck at the black screen with tomtom logo on top.

Any suggestions before I contact TT support?

Hmm...try to see if you have a mapsettings.cfg file in the map directory on the SD card. If you see it delete, you should have a backup of that already since you copied to the map.

That happened to me when I tried editing my mapsettings.cfg (contains your favourites) with notepad and saved it and I think it courrpted the file. I deleted it and it booted up.

Ask a Question