Blackjack with Bluetooth DUN & Wireless Data on Cingular/at&t

TomTom Model(s)
Does anyone have this working with the Blackjack or Blackjack II on WM6? I have the handsfree working and have the DUN hack applied to my Blackjack so the TomTom sees the phone as a DUN enabled device, but the automatic wireless data setup fails as well as any attempt to setup manually. I am using all of the correct settings for WAP, but no go. Wondering if anyone has gotten this far or further with the process.

Does anyone have this working with the Blackjack or Blackjack II on WM6? I have the handsfree working and have the DUN hack applied to my Blackjack so the TomTom sees the phone as a DUN enabled device, but the automatic wireless data setup fails as well as any attempt to setup manually. I am using all of the correct settings for WAP, but no go. Wondering if anyone has gotten this far or further with the process.

I was asking a similar question in this thread.

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=5406

Did you use the DUN hack referenced here?

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=2121&c=1&page=1&more=1&tb=1&pb=1&disp=single

I now have the Blackjack II and would like to get this to work.

Yep. Using the very same DUN hack. I can see the TomTom fire up the DUN link during setup, the Blackjack screen shows the call in progress, but setup does not complete....then after a delay, the DUN call goes away. Subsequent attempts to go through manual setup still fire up the DUN call, so it's clear that the TT sees the phone properly...have tried all the settings I can find along with most permutations. I have an unlimited data plan as well, so I don't think at&t is hammering me there. Thinking it's a TomTom problem at this point. I haven't broken down yet to see if there are log files on the TT that would point to any problems during the setup...that's where I'm headed next.

Yep. Using the very same DUN hack. I can see the TomTom fire up the DUN link during setup, the Blackjack screen shows the call in progress, but setup does not complete....then after a delay, the DUN call goes away. Subsequent attempts to go through manual setup still fire up the DUN call, so it's clear that the TT sees the phone properly...have tried all the settings I can find along with most permutations. I have an unlimited data plan as well, so I don't think at&t is hammering me there. Thinking it's a TomTom problem at this point. I haven't broken down yet to see if there are log files on the TT that would point to any problems during the setup...that's where I'm headed next.

Any update on this.

I really like my TomTom Go 720 and my Blackjack II but they would be even better if I could get traffic working on the TomTom Go 720 using the Blackjack II.

I don't believe anyone has this working. I have a BJ1 with the latest WM6 applied. I then upgraded to one of the 'cooked' wm6 versions. The cooked version has DUN built in (no need for hack).

Regardless of combo, WM5/6 cooked hybrid, DUN hack, new cooked WM6 with built in DUN....nothing has ever worked and you will not find anywhere that the BJ ever had working BT DUN.

It is not a TT problem per say. The BJ simply cannot get DUN to work (other AT&T phones have it working so not an ATT problem). I have tried to use DUN to link to my laptop too and no go.

Ultimately, TT needs to change it so it uses ICS and not DUN. All new phones will be WM6 which does not have DUN. Microsoft have explained that DUN is dead and ICS is the way forward.

It is in TT hands to change the connection type to ICS.

I have no problem is they support ICS as long as they don't remove DUN. The need to support both.

Try getting the BJ to work with a notebook computer first. Once you can get that working try the TT. There may be yet another hack you need to do. Check Howards Forums.

I have no problem is they support ICS as long as they don't remove DUN. The need to support both.

Try getting the BJ to work with a notebook computer first. Once you can get that working try the TT. There may be yet another hack you need to do. Check Howards Forums.

From the forums it sounds like no-one has the DUN hack working on a Blackjack II (either with a PC or a device like Tomtom). However the Blackjack II does of course work great using ICS with my PC...

ICS is the future with all the Windows Mobile Smart Phones and Pocket PCs going this way. If Tomtom wants to support this growing population of high end phones they need ICS (presumably a population with a large overlap of people looking to purchase devices like the Go family from Tomtom).

It is ironic my Blackjack II with integrated GPS gets traffic data with either Google Maps or Windows Live Search - but I can't get traffic on the primary device I use in my car for navigation - my Tomtom Go720.

Sigh....

I don't have the Blackjack II, but I did get this working with the Blackjack I on with WM5.

1) Application Unlock your phone. No idea if this is actually necessary or not, but lets roll with it.
How to unlock Motorola phones (worked with my Samsung Blackjack though)
http://www.sems.org/entry.asp?ENTRY_ID=157

2) Install btmodem

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/sams...oth-modem-solution-using-microsoft-stack.html

3)Sync up to TomTom and manually configure the phone entry settings

http://www.tomtom.com/support/category.php?ID=1&Language=4&FID=4710&TT=

Tried it out this morning and my 910 was downloading traffic data from TomTom Plus perfectly.

Ask a Question