Blackberry 8310 with T-mobile finally connected with Wireless Data

Success with BB Curve 8320 on Tmobile

Data services works!!

Today I upgraded my blackberry 8320 to software version 4.5.0.52. This is NOT a beta release. This is the 4.5 from Orange.

If you want to download 4.5.0.52 please go to blackberryforums.com and then to "General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve" and then you will see the topic called "Attention: Latest OS: 8320 4.5.0.75/4.5.0.52 (Multilanguage)"

Follow the steps in the posting EXACTLY.

Hopefully when the t-mobile release comes out it will also work.

My phone is using the T-Mobile network here in the US.

After pairing the 720 with my Blackberry I then went thru the set up of the services on the TomTom.

1) When you are prompted to select your phone press "other".
2) Choose United States
3) Choose T-Mobile US (I)
4) When you see the Unable to set up your wireless..." message choose "Manual"
5) Enter "wap.voicestream.com" as your Access Point Name and then press OK.
6) Leave Username and Password empty.
7) Select Automatic for IP address and DNS.
8) Leave the default for Dial
*99***1#
and then press OK.
9) Leave the default Login script
at+cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com"
and then press OK.

After a few minutes you will get a message about user experience. Choose I agree or Skip.

It should then say connecting to server and then you should see a congradulations message.

You are now able to connect to TomTom services such as Weather and Traffic.

I was able to connect to both and get the data without any problems.

The one things that does not work is Read/Write message :-(

Last edited:
Data services works!!

Today I upgraded my blackberry 8320 to software version 4.5.0.52. This is NOT a beta release. This is the 4.5 from Orange.

If you want to download 4.5.0.52 please go to blackberryforums.com and then to "General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve" and then you will see the topic called "Attention: Latest OS: 8320 4.5.0.75/4.5.0.52 (Multilanguage)"

After pairing the 720 with my Blackberry I then went thru the set up of the services on the TomTom.

2) Choose United States
*99***1#
and then press OK.
and then press OK.

After a few minutes iyou will get a message about user experience. Choose I agree or Skip.

It should hen say connecting to server and then you should see a congradulations message.

I would add one thing. I believe if you want to use traffic, you willl have to add your TomTom account name and password also. Other then that, I recently used the same settings to re-connect my Blackberry 8120 (including the Blackberry account information)..

Data services works!!

2) Choose United States
*99***1#
and then press OK.
and then press OK.

After a few minutes you will get a message about user experience. Choose I agree or Skip.

It should then say connecting to server and then you should see a congradulations message.

Did this exactly as stated with TOM TOM ONE XL and could not connect. Did you make any changes on your curve? Other forums say you should have your apn filled in under tcp settings to wap.voicestream.com

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

I believe I had to set the APN to that in my 8120 on T-Mobile. It would not connect to data without it.

Did not have to set it when I set up a HTC Diamond - might be a Blackberry device thing.

Worked like a charm on my curve

I just got my new Go 920 to work with my Blackberry 8320 (Curve), and it worked like a charm.

A couple of notes. Though the 8320 Curve was not specifically listed in the Tom Tom set up there was one that was close (I think 8310) and it worked just fine.

Also step 8 in the original post states:

*99***1#

That is in fact not the default string in the system. Change the Default dail in the tom to to the string above.

The rest word exactly as described.

Thanks to rkrmpg for posting.

Russ Little

Last edited by a moderator:
Curver 8310 and TT720

Can anybody get the handsfre device to work, so that the person on the other end does not get noise and can hear you clearly. I got every thing to work with my bb8310 but the handsfree is no good. TomTom support says they do not support BB8310 and I will need to wait till the new software is release, They were also amaze that I got the data connection with no problems working....

Ask a Question