Big Easy POI's on Request

Does this help you find the flavor of the Big Easy?

• Yep - can't wait to get out and try.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I suppose - I'll have to wait and see.

• Maybe - maybe not - been there and seen many of them before.

• Nope

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Here is a nice list of non-touristy places to eat, shop, listen to music and more in New Orleans from down river all the way up river to Metairie and Kenner.

Enjoy.

Red Stick

Attachments

• big_easy_pois.zip
    11.5 KB · Views: 383
In and Around The Big Easy

This post started as my way of playing with my TomTom from a few shopping places I knew. I wanted to see if there were any new ways to get from place to place. Then, friends from OR wanted me to direct them to places I go when in N.O. for eating and the music scene. With a few exceptions, the further away one gets from Canal at the river, the less congested the places are with tourists but the more congested they are with locals. For food, most places have a special and it usually reflects a day-to-day choice of the cook. I like to go with that unless I have another favorite. Camellia will almost always be busy but is worth the wait. If pressed fro time, walk over to Cooter Browns or one of many really good places within a few hundred yards.

NOBTS is a landmark in Gentilly that can be seen (the steeple anyway) from most places in the Big Easy. Lets you know where you are.

Like most areas in N.O., one block one way or the other can mean you find yourself in an uncomfortable situation. When walking, don't take shortcuts. Stick to the lit and traveled areas even if it means getting somewhere late.

Hope you enjoy:eek:

Red Stick

Ask a Question