Best Speed Trap POI website - Free or $

TomTom Model(s)
I upgraded to the latest maps and lost my POI radar and red light camera files. While I can get them from my backup, I lost the link to the website where I found them (I thought I might try and get updated files). The site I think I used now charges an annual subscription. To get the most accurate data on cameras and radar, should I make the plunge and pay or look for a free site? I travel often so accuracy counts.

Can you post your favorite poi websites for cameras and speed traps?

Thanks.

I upgraded to the latest maps and lost my POI radar and red light camera files. While I can get them from my backup, I lost the link to the website where I found them (I thought I might try and get updated files). The site I think I used now charges an annual subscription. To get the most accurate data on cameras and radar, should I make the plunge and pay or look for a free site? I travel often so accuracy counts.

Can you post your favorite poi websites for cameras and speed traps?

Thanks.

Check this:
http://www.gps-data-team.com/poi/

Home not important...

I went here http://www.gps-data-team.com/poi/united_states/safety/ do download the redlight and speed trap alerts, however, it will not show up in my TOMTOM home as normal. IS there something else I need in order for me to get this on my system? Please help!

Try looking in POI Setup in NAV and enable red light and Speed Traps as Points of Interest. then try Browsing around a map and see if there are any Red light or Speeding Icons. Also now maybe Home will be fixed as well.

you can actually go to this website and see the locations that it has prior to downloading. If you know a area that has a speed trap look it up and see whats in your area to verify if it works for you. download the file you need and unzip it. then if you are in us/ canada open that folder and drop it in. You will see all your POI in this folder. You will get the file and a image that will pop up on tomtom to show you that you ara approaching. It is simple if anything further we can walk you through it let us know.

Ask a Question