Best OS for GO 930?

I have a one year old 930 that I recently updated to 8.351 and it doesn't seem anywhere near as stable as it should be.

Could anyone recommend a good OS version that maybe has a calculator add-on option runs well with which version of TripMaster?

I'm doing a cross-country trip end of July and want my Freddie to be steady.

What version is your map? The older OSs are more stable, but they can't read the newer maps.

Try 8.010. Go to HOME, remove items, items from device. Then remove the application.

Afterwards, download this file, open it with winrar, and copy the contents of the file to the tomtom drive.

Also, if you're willing to lose fuel prices and traffic compatibility, you can downgrade to 8.002. This version was not affected by the random reboots that later software was known to have.

Just follow the prior steps except use this cab file instead.

The folder structure has to be copied as is from the cab to the Tomtom.

I don't have Vista, but if it can copy cab's files and folders to the Tomtom then you should be fine.

My 930 came with 8.002....and always ran perfect.....NO reboots or turning on by itself.

If I remember correctly....I was using traffic and fuel prices with 8.002.

If I were still using the older 800 or 805 maps....I would still be running 8.002.

The problems started with 8.010 and still remains in the latest version of 8.351.

You can revert to releases you previously downloaded via home. You can't revert to preinstalled releases, nor can you revert to releases that were skipped because you downloaded a newer one.

Go to remove items -> items on device -> application.

Then go to add traffic, voices, etc -> items on my computer -> application -> then more info to see the version of each app.

Ask a Question