Best map for GO730

Which map is the best for the GO730 that will maximize my available POIs as well as provide the "hourly" IQroutes functionality?

thanks.

The map meant for the 730 is NA_2GB. Version 830 is the latest and has the IQ2 (routing based upon time of day). It does NOT have the larger poi set that comes with the 930 model though some have been able to copy the larger poi.dat and crpoi.dat files into their 730 map and get it to work.

Last edited:
The map meant for the 730 is NA_2GB. Version 8.30 is the latest and has the IQ2 (routing based upon time of day). It does NOT have the larger poi set that comes with the 930 model though some have been able to copy the larger poi.dat and crpoi.dat files into their 730 map and get it to work.

*tisk tisk* :eek: :p

I disagree with the others.

Tomtom also sells the USA_Canada_and_Mexico map (version 830) to GO 730 owners. This map has IQroutes, and the best coverage and POI level of any tomtom map in North America. It's $10 more than the North_America_2GB map, and is so big that you'll need to buy an extra SD card to fit it on a 730.

Alright, you guys, let get this thing clear, rather than joking around, and confuse the OP.

+ When dhn said "map 8.30" he meant "map version 830.xxxx"
Someone wants to call its short name, some others want to express the whole part. Don't be confused.

+ Let take the Nort America map (v830.2284), there is 2 versions
1. called North America (size roughly 1.7+ GB), fits for GO9x00 series)
2. called North America 2GB (size roughly 1.5+ GB), fits for GO7x00 series)

There is a map, called Canada-US-Mexico (v830.2235, I think), size up to 1.9+GB that contains a huge size of POI database, 7M they claimed. This required an external SD card (4GB) to use with GO7x00

This sounds yummy. Does anyone happen to have the USA_canada_mexico POI database uploaded?

And actually, now that I think about it, I'm thinking it only contains 7 million simply because there is an extra country in that map. Obviously there will have to be TONS of POI's for Mexico right? There might not be any benefit for those of us with a NA map to use that POI database. This is only a guess though..

Ask a Question