Best cheap Tomtom for Europe?

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but, I'm basically after a cheap tomtom with good european coverage and after doing some research am really struggling.

I almost bought an XL2IQ in halfords, but after reading up on it was worried about the whole 2 Gig, no SD card issue.

I can get either a used GO 750 Live or a refurbished ONE XL for a very reaonable price, both of which I beleive take SD cards (although the ONE XL takes 2 Gigs max). If I got a ONE XL could I have different maps on different SD cards or does it not work like that?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

You're right that tthe 'XL' can only take standard SD cards, not the higher-capacity SDHC ones, but there WERE a couple of 4GB standard SD cards made.
I don't know if they are still available, but look for the Transcend and TopRam brands.

You can certainly have different maps on separate cards on the Go950 and other recent models. I think that's the case for the XL too, but I'm not 100% on that..

But if you can get a refurb. G0750 for a similar price, I would say that is a much better buy. (Better mount for a start!)

With the original One XL you would need a copy of the navcore and all other supporting folders in addition to the map folder, the One XL cannot share internal memory and SD card.

The Go devices 750/ 950 etc can indeed use their built in storage AND Micro-SD card, they support cards up to and including 32GB in capacity, get a good class 6 or higher speed.

I would go for a new Go-750 from Amazon (or similar) as you will get the latest map guarantee which you don't get with a refurb from TomTom. Couple this with a 4GB MicroSD card to overcome the memory vs map size issue and it will do all you require, circa ?168 for the Go-750 Live at the moment - Mike

I just bought a Tom Tom Go 630 T for ?62 + ?4 postage on eBay.co.uk
It came with in-car charger and screen mount.
It arrived yesterday morning (Thursday) and works perfectly.
It was eBay auction # 280680213511

I thought that price was very reasonable but I bet the seller isn't quite as happy as me.
Cheers,
Steve

Ask a Question