Battery Time Display

Hi,
Does anyone know if it is possible to find out how much battery i have left in my Tomtom. I don't mean the actual picture, rather an actual number. (i.e. it would be nice if it said, 3 hours and 30 minutes remaining in battery.)

Thanks
Michael

Hi,
Does anyone know if it is possible to find out how much battery i have left in my Tomtom. I don't mean the actual picture, rather an actual number. (i.e. it would be nice if it said, 3 hours and 30 minutes remaining in battery.)

Thanks
Michael

Don't think anyone has come up with that capability. Would be nice, though.

There are a Lot of factors which determine your rate of use. Having it set to "Always On" is probably the heaviest drain, followed by screen brightness & your choice of color scheme. Voice volume, day vs. night operation, and how often you access the menus (menu backgrounds are brighter than most nighttime schemes) are also significant factors.

Still, it might be possible to create a daemon to display the average or expected time remaining, based on the posted battery life for each TomTom model (ie. for a ONE 3rd edition: "2 hours remaining" at 100% charge, "1 hour remaining" at 50%, etc.).

R?

The screen is LCD. The color on screen matters very little to energy consumption. Read this Wall Street Journal post regarding "Blackle" -- http://blogs.wsj.com/numbersguy/does-a-darkened-google-really-save-electricity-104/ .

By the way, battery meter software do not rely on rated lifetimes. Instead they check the battery level twice, say one second apart, then do the math to forecast the remaining battery time.

Last edited:

Ask a Question