Battery life

Hi all, just got a tomtom xl live and i can only get about 40
minutes life from a fully charged battery. Is this normal ?
Stubbly

Depends how old the unit is. At best, a new battery will get not more than 2 to 2.5 hours at best. There are other factors that result in faster battery wear such as setting the brightness to 100%, volume set high as well.

The best thing is to always use the provided car charger when using the unit.

Battery life & walk/cycle itinerary

I have the same thing with a 1-year-old 930T... about 1/2 hour of battery, from fully charged (it started with less than 1 hour right after I bought it). I know Li-Ion batteries have restrictions as to defined shelf + usable life, but this is silly! What use is this if you're walking, or bicycling, and there's no car to recharge? It seems counter-productive to go to the effort of programming the walk/cycle itinerary planning (very nice, if you only need to go a couple of blocks) into the machine when you have so little time to use it. Are there compatible "battery-packs" (extra weight = extra mobility) available?:mad::confused:

. . . Are there compatible "battery-packs" (extra weight = extra mobility) available?:mad::confused:

See here for discussion and possible resources. I personally use a similar extra battery-pack for geocaching, biking, etc. Nice to be able to have more than 1/2 hour battery.

Hope you can find something to work for you. Good luck!

Ask a Question