Battery Flattens After Turned Off A Week?

I believe it is normal for TomTom batteries to flatten if they have been turned off and not used for a week or so.
This is because the off switch puts it in sleep/standby mode rather than completely off.
People have got round this by switching of and then pressing the reset button but my TomTom ONE Series 30 has not got a RESET button.
I contacted TomTom and they did not know but suggested I tried this:- Hold the On/Off button down so that the TomTom turns off, then comes on again and then goes off.
I tried this but the TomTom didn't finally turn off but remained on a type of computer info screen.
I had to release the button and press it again to turn it off. This of course was not exactly what I had originally been told, so I didn't know whether it was OK.
Has anyone used this technique or can comment on it?

My understanding is that models without a dedicated reset hole cannot be turned 'off' in the true sense of the word.

If there isn't a dedicated reset switch (paperclip or pin hole) the device cannot be fully switched off as the processor will be running even with the device powered down, the black screen with the white writing yousee if you hold the power button down on these devices is simply information the device offers when booted up this way.
Keep the device connected to a power source and in use on a daily basis and you won't have an issue - Mike

Ask a Question