Battery Drain?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
I've noticed that my ONE drains the battery pretty quickly when it's off. The battery goes down to orange within a week if I don't plug it in and just let it sit on the table.

I don't remember it draining that quickly. Is it because of the 2GB SD card??

I've noticed that my ONE drains the battery pretty quickly when it's off. The battery goes down to orange within a week if I don't plug it in and just let it sit on the table.

Do you have bluetooth enabled? That'll help the drain.

I am curious how long the battery lasts when fully charged and the unit running. Lithium Ion and similar rechargable batteries loose charge over time. That is why they are not recommended for remote controls and flashlites and things that may sit unused for a while.

A week to drain is awfuly fast but if the battery is old it may not take a full charge and I could see a partial charge draining in a week or two.

Mine does the same. If I have it fully charged then turn it off for a week. Its not fully charged. What is draining the battery when its off?

Fully charged and being used will drain a TT battery in anywhere from 1.5-2 hours.

Also a week off the charger and draining isn't to bad mine sometimes will drain in less then that. Just rechargeable batteries for ya......

a week? man, that's not ok IMHO. lithium batteries hold their residual charge better than any other type battery. loss when the unit is off should be pretty small.

Nicads and NIMH see about ten percent per month, and lithiums are at least that good. I use lithiums in model aircraft and sitting for weeks without any use during the winter, I see virtually no loss of capacity.

Having said that I haven't checked my one battery that way as it's being used almost daily, but I'd be darned surprised to see it die after sitting for just a week. Months maybe.....

Yup a week. I cannot figure it out. Might go get another battery and see what happens. Its not even a year old!

I seem to remember reading in these posts last year that even when you switch the TT off it is not actually off. There are still things like the clock etc running in the background. Mine will last two weeks without being used, but then I have to charge it up or it will not even boot up.

Mine V2 came with a 2 year warranty, if yours is under 1 year try calling support and see what they say. There was another issue around last Sept with Defective batteries.

Good luck

Bluetooth is off. Mine's from Nov 2006.

I noticed MobilNova uses less battery than the TT software lol. I can watch a one hour movie/tv show and it won't be at half battery (which is where it would be at if I were to navigate for an hour).

Ask a Question