Battery cable Rider 2

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2nd edition
Does anyone have an extra battery cable for the Rider 2. I sold my motorcycle and forgot to take the cable. So, if anyone has one to sell I would appreciate it. My email address is (e-mail address removed)

Thank you

Eddie S.

There are always a few for sale on ebay. I think the part number is 5K00.010.2 or 9K00.004. Just do a search for Rider battery cable.

PC

Not in the USA

I can tell that you are not in the US. I can't order anything here in the US for the rider V2. I needed a cradle mount for mine and I would have gone to the UK to get the crazy thing but I found a Ebayer that lived in the UK and bought it from him. Believe me, I paid for it. When I called customer support (what is that at TOMTOM) they kept sending me to RAM Mounts because that is what they thought the cradle was. TomTom Support didn't even know what the cradle was let alone know where to get one but if you select the United Kingdom on the home page there is all the acessories you need, then go to the United States page and you get nothing for the Rider V2. Mine is going on the auction block. Not worth the trouble.

A-men to that. Lol. When I called them about the cradle to hold this thing on a mount, They didn't have a clue what the cradle even is. I finaly had someone look at my case who knew a little something and all they could do was tell me you couldn't buy that part. If it breaks I guess you are SOL. When it comes down to anything you purchase, It should have a good customer suport or it's not worth the plastic it is made from. If I knew now when I bought it, It would be a Garmen suported here in the good old USA!!!! Lol. I will probably get hammered for this by the TOM TOM guys in the UK because they have the suport, we don't.

I too am shocked at how poor tomtoms support of their products are...The Bimbo who answered my call had no Idea what she was talking about...probably got hired because of her nice rack .;), Her answer to every question seemed to be coming from a script....Like she was reading it from a book. They certainly do not know a thing about keeping customers loyal... that maybe their device needs a simple repair and they are not interested in fixing ANYTHING with out proof of purchase... yeah I know people steal these things... But imagine if the auto manufactures did that...Your car is out of warranty ...BUY A NEW ONE!

Oh well I said what I needed to say...not that it makes any difference. :mad:

That's about how I felt when they started to drill me for numbers, like I was a thief. I bought mine on E-bay from a guy who used the riders discription and had the accessories included in the ad. After I recieved it I found out there was no accessories. I figured that I was still ok with the price so I was just going to call the support number and just buy one. How hard or much could the little bracket be. WOW, was I in for a reaming. The air head I first talked to, I told her where I bought it and what I needed and she told me to get her a serial number and she would send me the parts at NO CHARGE!! I was praising TOM TOMS customer support and told all my friends what kind of a outstanding company they ran. I got the serial number( I didn't have it close by when I first called) called someother air head back and they pulled up my case # and said, well we need a reciept, fax or scan it and send it in a email. I did this and then they told me I could have made a fake reciept and needed to send it via some special software. Now I was getting p-off but did what they asked me to do. After all this the idiot said I bought it through E-bay and he couldn't help me out. I was HOT. calmed back down and asked my question that I first asked. How do I buy one. LoL... You CAN'T. This all took about two weeks so no way to send It back. I was at the point of no return. The real thief was the guy from the UK that reamed me for the cradle that only they can buy. Now I have all my accessories but need a $80 dollar upgrade. Does it ever end?
Sorry, but I needed to get that off my chest. It was quite a ride and I never turned on the GPS... lol

Ask a Question