Base just won't stick

suction cup cure

I put an very,very thin coating of silicon"o" ring sealer on surface of the base,It has been 3 months and gps still there. Gps can also be removed easily.

I avoided the windshield problem by buying a bean bag mount from Amazon. Once I got it to stick on it really well, I've never had to take it off.

Hard to find that type beanbag that will fit a TT XXL540 because there is so little distance between the bottom of the frame and the mounting plate. The only one I found that would is the Gilsson

Gilsson UBM Portable Car Non-Skid Friction Beanbag Dashboard Mount

So I have a Garmin that I got for Christmas - good unit but kind of boring. So I went out and bought myself a TOMTOM One and gave the Garmin to my wife. I pretty much love the TOMTOM but the base will just not stick to my windshield (or the plastic disc that came with it). Put the base on the window, turn the plastic ring to lock it in place - and nothing happens.

Anyone else experience this problem? Anyone have any tips or tricks to get this thing to affix to the windscreen? If I can't mount the unit, it's pretty much useless. The one thing that is good about the Garmin is the mounting system is foolproof.

Any help would be appreciated!!
I noticed a "defect" in my windshield suction cup..two slight "creases" in the rubber. Here's a very easy permanant fix: Boil water, remove from heat, dip suction cup portion of mount in water ...hold for 5-10 sec. then stick to glass...I used kitchen window. the heat softened the rubber so it could be remolded. No problems since...EVER.

I figured out what my problem was. I did some more poking aroung online and found that you need to pull the little "wings" back on the suction cup when you put it on the surface. I feel pretty stupid.

I've done that, and sometimes it works, but tonight the XXL fell off again because the suction failed. I tightened it after pushing down and holding up the 2 "flaps". My next option is to consider velcro between the suction cup and the adhesive disk.

Jerry

The TT mounts are really problematic especially if using the larger screen sizes. Solved my problem by purchasing an ARKON TTEP 112 bean bag mount at amazon.com. It comes with a beanbag which is rock steady and has never moved from my dash. It also comes with a mount that you can either attach to the bean bag or to your windshield. Liked this thing so much I purchased 3 of them for all my TomToms. Also when arriving at my destination, I just drop the whole bean bag with the TT on my cars floor. No visible sign of any GPS.

Ask a Question