Back in the land of the living

- et -

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 540, GO Live 1535, GO 620
Back after a multi-month absence that was primarily due to health issues.

I got hammered really badly by the flu early this year, in spite of having had a shot to prevent it. That hit me worse than anything since the Hong Kong Flu in 1957, and it did so twice - taking me off my feet and into bed for about 10 days each time.

In addition to that fun, I had a major reaction to some medication that an orthopedic surgeon had prescribed to help with severe numbness on the left side of my body that was due to degenerated discs in my neck pinching some nerves. It was supposedly about the mildest medication of its type, to which almost no one has a reaction, but I was the "almost" in that sentence and I had almost every possible adverse reaction listed for it.

Unfortunately, one of those reactions was impaired thinking, so it took a long time before I realized what was happening - that it was not just lingering side effects from the flu - and took myself off the medication.

It looks like things have not changed a lot during my absence - some of the same questions and problems are still with us. I'll try to get back up to speed to where I can again contribute a little.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Welcome back - very happy things are going much better for you!

I got hammered really badly by the flu early this year, in spite of having had a shot to prevent it.
That's where you went wrong, Tom.
Although SWMBO takes the shot for over 30 years now (used to be a PSW) I got suckered by our doctor 8 years ago and promptly contracted the flu.
For three days I could barely muster the strength to get to the washroom.
None of that any longer and I am fine.

Glad to hear that you got shut of it.
Cheers,
Arno

Ask a Question