Back from Florida0-One weird map occurrence

TomTom Model(s)
Okay, just got back from Florida and the TomTom 510 was awesome, only had two weird occurrence on the map, while going through the Apalachicola National forest, a couple of times the map showed me off the road and in the forest, and while Crossing the St George Island 4 mile bridge, it showed me in the Bay where the old bridge was located. I guess the maps weren't up to date there.

The POI I had alarmed where incredible, only passed two Cracker Barrels and one rest stop that weren't on the map.

Your problem in the forest was most likely due to loss of satelite lock. Unless, of course, it really was a very new road.

could be

thanks, the road has been there a while, at times it showed curves in the road, but it is a straight shot, satellite lock sounds likely, it happened in the same area on the way down and back, really tall pine trees line the two lane road.

Yes, it seems like the problem is due to the tall trees. Driving in the center of big cities with tall buildings causes you to lose satelite lock too.

So this is not a fault of the unit or the maps. This is just the way GPS works!

I have this same problem and no big trees and i dont lose the satellite lock. There is a round about a few min me from and every time i drive around it TT puts me out in a marshy swampy area which i really dont want to be. well i dont really follow TT but if i did. Just another problem that Tom Tom has i geuss. Or will someone say its the map always a different excuss for this one. Tom Tom should look into fixing this problem.

Ask a Question