Aygo Go! Tomtom Connect -How to turn of navigation?

Hi all

I am new to the forum and hopefully I have put this post at the right place.

We have got an Toyota Aygo Go! that comes with the CONNECT Sat Nav. We used a Garmin before and could stop the navigation say half way but keep it on showing where we were - but we can't to do the same with the CONNECT.

So now when we don't want it to navigate us anymore, we have to mute it or take it our of the dock in order to switch the whole thing off....

Would appreciate if someone can let us know what else we could do. I have read through the whole manual but couldn't find anything.

Many thanks

You need to find the option for "Clear Route" try tapping the middle bottom of the screen and see if that pops a screen up with this option on as some devices have this command hidden away from the normal menu screens - Mike

Hi Mike.. thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it doesn't work and there's no clear route button. I also tried to ask Tomtom but they said there isn't clear route/ stop button......

This is really really annoying except to mute it...

That is REALLY odd. I have never seen an implementation of the TomTom firmware that doesn't offer "Cancel route".

The only other thing that spring to min dis to try looking for Change Preferences/ Show ALL menu options as the Clear Route option can be hidden when some of the menu options are hidden - Mike

Shot in the dark.........

Once a route is established and you are in driving view, if you tap the bottom right of the status bar, is there a 'cancel route' on the next screen?

It's looking like there might not be!

My XL IQ Routes doesn't have a menu option for "Clear route" but it *is* found just where you say - on the route summary screen that you get to by tapping the right side of the status bar.

Route_summary_XL_IQ.jpg

But I just had a look at the on-line user manual for the Connect system (here) and on page 7 there is a picture of the route summary screen for that and it has "Find alternative" in the place I'd expect to see "clear route".

Route summary_TT Connect.jpg

I can't find any mention in the manual for "clear route" but that's not saying it isn't there somewhere. The only hope is that the manual also says it *is* one of the models where you can unlock more menu items (on page 14):
Hidden buttons and features
When you first start using your TomTom, not all the buttons will be shown in the menu.
Many buttons and some more advanced features are hidden because you will not need these features very often.
To show all buttons and features, tap Show ALL menu options in the Preferences menu.

I don't hold out much hope though...

Hi all.. thanks for all your responses...and appreciate all your help.

I just refused to believe there isn't a Stop/ Clear Route button so I sat in the car for half an hour (ridiculous isn't it?) trying it out yesterday evening... and finally it appeared !

Basically i need to tap the map itself and then it will show pages of options/manuals .. i then had to scroll on the way until the last page then there I saw the Clear Route button!

The thing is it wasn't in the self-create short cut button and as far as I can remember it's not at the bottom of the page either... it's right in the middle of the map...

As I tried it so many times I kind of get confused .. but I think there were a few times when i tab on the map the Clear Route button didn't appear (!) And sometimes there is..

And I think if i do that enough number of times then I will be allowed to include that in my short-cut option...

How very confusing... but the worse thing is the Tomtom online chat staff "CONFIRMED" to me that there isn't a Stop/ Clear Route button!!!! They really need to improve the user-friendliness of their written manuals as well as train their staff a bit better...

I've bought a toyota aygo car with tomtom connect system. It sucks for lot of reasons. The problem you have exposed here (turn off) is just one of 100 problems it has.
When you insert a usb key it takes lot of time for manage files. Integration with the stupid car radio equipped is awful. You can't use just 2 buttons for manage thousands of songs!!!. Since i'm a programmer i'm trying to improve these things.
The goal is to allow the connection of a powered USB hub for connecting an external harddisk, a rear camera, a usb key (gsm / gprs / HSUPA ) and a usb TV tuner. I want also remove the usb control that act "everytime" you insert the same usb key. Now i'm working in a custom menu for manage things in a easy way (adding a shutdown button) :)

Ask a Question