Award Winning Customer Support

TomTom Model(s)
GO-910
...Is not how I would describe TomTom...

A few weeks ago I had this problem: http://tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=6884

I had to send my Go 910 back to TT for repair under warranty. I was told it would take 7-10 days to send it back to me. It hasn't come back. When I ask about it I'm told "sorry" and that it will be ready shortly. Well they've stopped responding to my questions and still no unit. What's it take to swap out a hard drive or send a refurb unit? This is crazy!

I've begun looking at just buying another GPS and putting whatever I get back from TT up on Ebay. I gotta go read some more Garmin reviews. :rolleyes:

They don't seem to like answering the tough questions. I have one currently unsolved about MapShare and it's mechanics. They gave me some BS answer, and I responded. That was on Feb 6th - no reply yet. I asked for an update on it late last night - no update as of yet.

Yeah, I got an update last night... They want me to call them. Probably because they don't want a written record of whatever it is they want to as an explanation.
I really dont' have time to sit around on the phone trying to haul, tooth and nail, the information out of them.

They finally replied and said that I packed the unit wrong and it took them a while to link it to me and work on it. :rolleyes: I packed it with the email they sent and instructed me to include.

I opened a second question on the web site and this time they responded within 24 hours with an answer which solved my problem.

I received my refurbished 910 yesterday. Of course the 710 maps I had purchased in DECEMBER aren't on it and now Home won't let me install what I have purchased and downloaded already.

I received my refurbished 910 yesterday. Of course the 710 maps I had purchased in DECEMBER aren't on it and now Home won't let me install what I have purchased and downloaded already.
As I mentioned in your other thread, contact TT Support. They're probably going to have to reactivate the map with your current 910's device ID.

As I mentioned in your other thread, contact TT Support. They're probably going to have to reactivate the map with your current 910's device ID.

Got it, thanks! TT reset my account and let me redownload the map again.

Ask a Question