autorun.inf - Not starting TomTom Home

I believe I have a problem with the "autorun.inf" file on my Go 720. Everytime I connect it to my computer since loading the new TomTom Home version 2.2.2.83 my unit asks if I want to install TomTom Home when I already have it. It used to just open TomTom Home. Even if I go through the steps and let it load the program it will still ask the next time.

Here is the content of the Go 720 autorun.inf file.

[autorun]
action=Run TomTom HOME
open=InstallTomTomHOME.exe
label=TomTom
icon=tomtom.ico
[DeviceInstall]
#This section is empty; autorun will not install device drivers to your PC.

Would someone look at their file and let me know the contents? Much appreciated.

I believe I have a problem with the "autorun.inf" file on my Go 720. Everytime I connect it to my computer since loading the new TomTom Home version 2.2.2.83 my unit asks if I want to install TomTom Home when I already have it. It used to just open TomTom Home. Even if I go through the steps and let it load the program it will still ask the next time.

Here is the content of the Go 720 autorun.inf file.

[autorun]
action=Run TomTom HOME
open=InstallTomTomHOME.exe
label=TomTom
icon=tomtom.ico
[DeviceInstall]
#This section is empty; autorun will not install device drivers to your PC.

Would someone look at their file and let me know the contents? Much appreciated.

When you open the autorun.inf file in notepad, put a # sign at the beginning of the line that starts with 'open'. Save the file.

That will stop the asking to install when you connect the unit to the computer. However, depending upon your start up preferences in TTHome (not the unit), if you didn't set TTHome to load when Windows boots up, then you'll have to start TTHome manually.

When you open the autorun.inf file in notepad, put a # sign at the beginning of the line that starts with 'open'. Save the file.

That will stop the asking to install when you connect the unit to the computer. However, depending upon your start up preferences in TTHome (not the unit), if you didn't set TTHome to load when Windows boots up, then you'll have to start TTHome manually.
Thanks for the help. Does your file have the "#" on that line?

Thanks for the help. Does your file have the "#" on that line?

Actually, it didn't. When I installed the new TTHome software, it didn't install properly for me, either. So, when I'd connect the unit to the computer, I'd see the box popup asking how I wanted to deal with the usb device detected. One of the choices was run TTHome. And, if I selected it, true enough, I also would get the 'install software' message box. I'd ignore that option, choose 'do nothing' and just start TTHome manually. By inserting the # sign, I no longer get the choice to start TTHome. I still start the program manually. No big deal.

If you want on the line where you put the # sign you could instead put the location of the TomTom Home program. For me it's...

C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\TomTomHOME.exe

The TomTom Home will but when you dock automatically.

Ask a Question