automatic rerouting

I just purchased a TomTom One V3. I have been seeing how it operates if I intentionally miss a turn. It automatically reroutes very nicely. My only wish is that it would inform me by voice or a tone to let me know that it is recalculating. If I miss a turn unintentionally, it would be nice to be aware that I've done so and am now on a revised route. Any way to add this feature?

Thanks

Your love is my hate.
I won't never buy a Garmin for exact same reason.
An orange bar at the bottom indicates that your TomTom is rerouting.

Your love is my hate.
I won't never buy a Garmin for exact same reason.
An orange bar at the bottom indicates that your TomTom is rerouting.

Thank you for your reply. Actually, I had noticed that, but probably if I miss a turn it would be in a high traffic situation when I would not be looking at the screen. That's why something audible would be nice to let me know that the route has changed.

there is no way to add that feature , the only solution is to glance at the tomtom unit to catch the few seconds shown orange bar everytime you "beleive" you missed a turn or everytime you turn or everytime you drive close to an exit in a highway or big interchanges , in other words , tomtom wants you to guess all the time whether you are on the old route or a new one. Probably tomtom fans find that game very exciting. On the contrary I prefer Garmin's Recalculating voice. no wonder I returned the Tomtom 720 and kept the almost 2 years old c550!!!

I too hated my Garmin for the "off route" message spoken everytime I missed a turn. I don't have problems with my Go910 since I have it in a position that's very visible but unobstrusive, and have an easy reach to the screen.

I agree, hearing my co-worker's Garmin say "recalculating" endlessly drove me crazy. I LOVE that the TomTom don't do this.

I think the point is that the end user wants the option to have the device say "recalculating" or to turn the audible alert off.

I think the point is that the end user wants the option to have the device say "recalculating" or to turn the audible alert off.

Or maybe have the device say " ... oh for crying out loud, and just after I folded up the map too. [sounds of map rustling loudly] ... "

I just purchased a TomTom One V3. I have been seeing how it operates if I intentionally miss a turn. It automatically reroutes very nicely. My only wish is that it would inform me by voice or a tone to let me know that it is recalculating. If I miss a turn unintentionally, it would be nice to be aware that I've done so and am now on a revised route. Any way to add this feature?

Thanks
The TT will give you a new "next direction" really soon after you blow your turn and a new route is recalculated. If you miss your turn, you'll suddenly hear an instruction that doesn't sound like the last one you heard! You'll know pretty quickly that some 'recalculating' has been done.

Used to hate the Hertz Everlost systems just for this reason, too!

I agree, hearing my co-worker's Garmin say "recalculating" endlessly drove me crazy. I LOVE that the TomTom don't do this.

+1.

I wouldnt buy it for that feature ... but i would buy the garmin for properly able to find addresses.

Ask a Question