Auto power-up/down

TomTom Model(s)
Go730, GO51
hi everyone,

i just replaced my Garmin with a TomTom 1 XL, and I was amazed/disappointed to find that it doesn't power up or down automatically with the car ignition, the way the Garmin does. Is this a user settable option, if so, can anyone tell me where to find it please?:confused:

Sorry, TomTom removed that functionality at least 18 months ago for all TT models.

hi everyone,

i just replaced my Garmin with a TomTom 1 XL, and I was amazed/disappointed to find that it doesn't power up or down automatically with the car ignition, the way the Garmin does. Is this a user settable option, if so, can anyone tell me where to find it please?:confused:
No auto "up", but auto "down" is available so long as your auto power source goes off with the ignition (just like the Garmin). Head for the screen (several deep) in the configuration options that talks about battery/power saving. In that, you'll find an option to shut the unit off when external power is lost. At least you're half way to where you wanted to go.

Hey, thanks Canderson! You're right, it's well buried, but that'll do just fine!

Rgds.
In actual practice, you'll also find that if you change your mind when you shut off the ignition, there's a count-down timer that permits you to abort the shut-down.

OR you could just push the off button for 3 seconds......

Have fun

V

Ask a Question