Audio books (self made)?

Can anyone recommend a good source, (freeware/shareware, or purchase), for creating audio files playable on my 720? I have a LOT of text documents I would love to listen to on the, go,,,,, heh! how bout that (no pun)

Thanks in advance for any help.
Dan

TextAloud

Agreed. "TextAloud" from www.nextup.com is the application you're describing.

I've converted several dozen novel texts to mp3 audiobooks with it. It's simple to use, allows multiple voices, and contains phonetic correction user dictionaries.

TA also integrates with Windows & Firefox as a general purpose text reader.

Perfect!

Thank you for your answers!

One more for ya, is it possible to use a TomTom voice to listen to audio books?

Thank you for your answers!

One more for ya, is it possible to use a TomTom voice to listen to audio books?
You probably wouldn't want to! The dictionaries involved are focused on navigation, street and place names. Beyond that, the chances of correct pronunciation is iffy, if not downright amusing. You'd be better off with a PC based system that created a better sounding result as an MP3.

You probably wouldn't want to! The dictionaries involved are focused on navigation, street and place names. Beyond that, the chances of correct pronunciation is iffy, if not downright amusing. You'd be better off with a PC based system that created a better sounding result as an MP3.

LOL! I imagine having Susan read off an entire audiobook to me. I'd be so angry I'd end up throwing my TomTom out the window.

Ask a Question