Attempting map corrections causes reboot

I have an XL335 and I recently updated the map to North America v870.3420. Firmware is version 9.061.576030.2. After selecting "Map corrections," choosing to correct a map error, and then selecting any of the remaining correction options, the following occurs in the order indicated:
  1. Display switches to a view of the map.
  2. Unit hangs and is unresponsive for about 30 seconds.
  3. Display goes bright for about a quarter second.
  4. Unit reboots.
Anyone else out there experiencing this? I've never had this problem before. I thought I would try TomTomForums first since most people here seem to know more about what's going on than TomTom tech support.

*** FOLLOW-UP ***

Well, I connected to TomTom HOME, selected "operate my ONE XL" and tried doing the corrections on my PC. When I followed the steps described above, the program hung for awhile, but eventually allowed me to make the changes I wanted. After disconnecting my device, the Map corrections feature now works normally. Who knows? Who cares? It's working now. :)

Last edited:
There are a couple of files on your unit that are modified when you make a map correction. Evidently one of these on your unit was corrupt. When Home rewrote it, the unit was happy again. My guess? mapsettings.cfg.

As I also have an XL-335TM, I was interested in this thread. I have not updated to the new may yet, but will soon.

I think those files having to do with map corrections are...
From the map folder:
"mapuserpatch.dat" and "mapsettings.cfg"
and from the root dir: "UserPatch.dat"
I plan on backing those three files up before my map update.

Glad to read your 335 is back to working.
:wave:

Last edited:

Ask a Question