Asks about unpaved roads

After my last update of my 510, I have been asked each time I go somewhere if I want to travel on unpaved roads or not.

How do I get rid of that!!! :confused: :confused:

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Beebs

Heck, I'm quite happy to have the unpaved roads alert! :D

If your problem is the TT is trying to route through an area that doesn't even
have gravel roads, then that is kinda strange.

As far as removing the alert page, I'll bet it's just part of the system all the time.

Unpaved roads cured

I just got into the TomTom and made sure it was set for the fastest route. It somehow had gotten set to shortest.

I think this will make the difference.

I just set up a trip to South Padre and it took me the fastest and didn't ask about the unpaved roads. Still ask about toll roads but that is okay.

Thank you for your time,

Beebs

I just got into the TomTom and made sure it was set for the fastest route. It somehow had gotten set to shortest.

I think this will make the difference.

I just set up a trip to South Padre and it took me the fastest and didn't ask about the unpaved roads. Still ask about toll roads but that is okay.

Thank you for your time,

Beebs
Yes, it will ask you if you want to avoid toll roads unless you set it not to. I kind of like to be aware of tolls along the route myself.

I don't live on a dirt road, but whenever I leave or navigate home, i get the "unpaved road" warning. If I respond, don't use unpaved roads, my 720 won't create a route.

Is there any way to mark a road as not being "unpaved"?

An unpaved road warning would have been nice when I was in NC and the "quickest" route was up a mountain to a ski resort, then back down the resort access road on the back side. I think I almost dumped my motorcycle twice on the downward side.:(

LOL (since you did not dump the bike).

Last fall, with it set to fastest route also, it took me up a "road" named Rattlesnake Road in the Sierras that was so unimproved that I had to move some boulders in a dry streambed to get through one point - and that was in a 4-wheel drive.

It gives no warning when it is set to fastest. It has done that before (near Yosemite). On the return trip by a different route, it instructed me to do turn into unimproved roads several more times.

TomTom needs to tweak its app programs a bit for this.

I have been getting this warning after upgrading to North America v7.20 map - I did not receive it on my old USA/Canada v6.65 map. I ususally only see this prompt when I am vaigating really long routes. I have been responding NO to the "avoid unpaved roads" prompt and I have yet to be sent down an unpaved road. I am not sure what roads the TomTom is seeing as unpaved on my routes.

Ask a Question