Arrival Time Doesn't Work

I just got a ONE XL, but when driving the estimated arrival time is not very accurate. How do i adjust the default road speeds so that the unit can better calculate arrival times based on distance and speed?

time is based on speed limits, miles to locale, as you drive the gps recalculates and the times change, also your speed changes the time, if no traffic the time is better. hope i said this right, we are drinking wine smoking cigars near the fire waiting for snow storm

Where can I view these speed limits? Whatever my device was doing, the time of arrival was WAY off. Like estimating 80km/h where the limit is 100 and estimating 30km/h where the limit is 60km/h. And add to that I was doing 120ish most of the time

The arrival time is just an estimate and no guarantee of being 100% exact. Two Sundays ago, I left 1 hour later than I should have for a 300km drive and the arrival time was quite accurate. Time significantly decreased as I was going faster for several Ks and increasing if I went slower.

To veiw the speed limits go to Change preferences - Status bar preferences and activate Speed.

Where can I view these speed limits? Whatever my device was doing, the time of arrival was WAY off. Like estimating 80km/h where the limit is 100 and estimating 30km/h where the limit is 60km/h. And add to that I was doing 120ish most of the time

Arrival time changes as you drive and will update itself accordingly.

I've run into this problem too. In my case, the problem is that the speed limit data is simply not there (well, or maybe the unit is ignoring it)... arrival times on most highways are GROSSLY underestimated (like 3 hours vs. an actual time of under 2 hours), and the other features that make use of speed limit data (displaying the speed limit, warning you if you exceed the speed limit, etc.) are non-functional.

--Michael

Ask a Question