Arrival Sounds

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920T
I noticed in TT HOME 2.5.1 there's a whole category of arrival sounds to replace "You have reached your destination." Only... how do I actually *use* the sound I downloaded?

Answer:
Make sure that the recorded voice is enabled in the Voice preferences menu on your device.

Note: If you have already recorded and saved your own navigation voice, this new file will overwrite the arrival instruction file that you previously recorded.

...which makes sense, just not as elegant as I'd hoped.

I've followed the directions to the letter and cannot get a custom arrival sound to work. I am supposed to be able to use a custom arrival with the XL 340S according to TomTom. Am I the only one that can't get the arrival sound to work? I thought there would be more comments/threads about this issue.

You used the instructions here?

As you detected, there doesn't appear to be much interest on this Board in that feature. Perhaps someone experienced in doing it will jump in here.

I had lost my Arrival sound a long time ago..
Looking at the instructions I noticed that I did not have a customvoice folder.
I see that I had it in the B/U before 8.351 but not before reverting to 3.802 .
I made a customvoice folder and put the arrive.wav there.

Just ran a short Demo (battery powered) and I do not get the arrival sound.
I wonder if that does not co-exist with the computer voice,

You used the instructions here?

As you detected, there doesn't appear to be much interest on this Board in that feature. Perhaps someone experienced in doing it will jump in here.

Yes, those are the instructions, followed to the letter. :)

I had lost my Arrival sound a long time ago..
Looking at the instructions I noticed that I did not have a customvoice folder.
I see that I had it in the B/U before 8.351 but not before reverting to 3.802 .
I made a customvoice folder and put the arrive.wav there.

Just ran a short Demo (battery powered) and I do not get the arrival sound.
I wonder if that does not co-exist with the computer voice,

Arno, that was my guess as well. I'm thinking that the computer voice needs to be on, and the only override would be the "arrival.wav". However, no matter what tricks I've tried, I still can't get the wav file to play. I've now got a help request in with TomTom, and they've given me some suggestions on what to do to correct this, so I'll update this thread in a day or so after I've tried some things.

However, no matter what tricks I've tried, I still can't get the wav file to play. I've now got a help request in with TomTom, and they've given me some suggestions on what to do to correct this, so I'll update this thread in a day or so after I've tried some things.
Looking forward to your feed back.
You have reached your destination is really sufficient and I did not miss the arrival sound.
I have changed that to the aooga horn and wonder what negative mileage I'll be getting out of that one.

Ask a Question