ARKON Weighted "Friction Style" Dash Mounts for TomTom

TomTom Model(s)
Tomtom One, Tomtom One XL
On Friday, ARKON introduced a complete line of Weighted "Friction Style" Dash Mounts for the TomTom portable GPS units.

http://www.arkon.com/weighted_friction_dash_mount.php

If you're using the new EasyPort mount that's included with the new ONE and ONE XL 30 series, then the CM012 is ideal.

The CM012 is the weighted dash mount by itself. It can be used with any windshield suction pedestal that comes in your TomTom box. The weighted dash mount includes an adhesive dash mount hook that you can connct to a loop sewn into the back of the mount. This will help prevent movement in the event of a crash or other severe evasive maneuver.

Also available are bundles that include ARKON's Travelmount mini windshield suction pedestal. There's one for the ONE (US and 3rd Edition) and the ONE XL (1st Edition) and the GO 520, 530, 720, 730, 920, and 930 Editions.

TTO112 - Weighted Dash Mount for TomTom ONE
TTOXL112 - Weighted Dash Mount for TomTom ONE XL
TTGO112 - Weighted Dash Mount for TomTom GO

A review of ARKON's new mounts is posted at
http://www.tomtomax.fr/test-support-arkon-tt112-cm012.html
(Unfortunately, it's in French... though you should be able to get a better understanding of the product from this review)

Attachments

• cm012.jpg
    cm012.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 415
Does anyone know if this will work with the standard 720 mount with the power attached? I bought a Gilsson UBM dashbag and since the mount on the 720 is so small the screen has to be angled up for the power to be plugged in.

I think the original shipped 720 mount is too short :(
You and I seem to be in the same boat, m8. I got a 920 and thinking of buying this CM012 mount pad, but not sure if it's high enough for my 920 + standard mount + usb power plugged in.
We might end up buying the TTGO112.

I think the original shipped 720 mount is too short :(
You and I seem to be in the same boat, m8. I got a 920 and thinking of buying this CM012 mount pad, but not sure if it's high enough for my 920 + standard mount + usb power plugged in.
We might end up buying the TTGO112.

From the pictures it looks like there is some clearance for the power cord with the standard mount on this one. There isn't any room on the Gilson because it is bean bag all the way around. If anyone owns this can you please let us know?

Why? You don't know what to buy? I went with the Nav-mat because it was the best price, and it does the job.

Yeah, because I bought the Gilsson and I have to tilt the unit up when the power is plugged in (which I usually have) so I was debating getting the Arkon because it seems to have room to spare for the cord without having to tilt the unit up. The reason I didn't buy the Navmat in the first place was because I read several reviews (on and off this site) saying that the unit had to be tilted up when the cord was plugged in.

Yeah, because I bought the Gilsson and I have to tilt the unit up when the power is plugged in (which I usually have) so I was debating getting the Arkon because it seems to have room to spare for the cord without having to tilt the unit up. The reason I didn't buy the Navmat in the first place was because I read several reviews (on and off this site) saying that the unit had to be tilted up when the cord was plugged in.
Not really. If you get it in the right spot, and get the cord on a corner of two of the beanbags, it fits down pretty well.

Friction Dash Mount compatible with ALL TomTom devices

Let me respond to the many of you that asked about the particular devices that ARKON's Friction Dash Mount is compatible with.

Yes, it will work with ALL of the TomTom devices. ARKON's friction dash mount (CM012) is the one bundled in with TTO112 for the TomTom ONE, TTOXL112 for the ONE XL, and TTGO112 for the GO 520, 530, 720, 730, 920, 930.

The reason it works with all of them is that ARKON's Friction Mount is U-Shaped in design. Nearly all others out there have a huge lip on the front edge of their mount which causes problems when you're using a smaller, lower profile pedestal.

The new EasyPort mount is a great example. It's extremely compact and folds up into the TomTom ONE and TomTom ONE XL that were introduced in April. It works great with ARKON's CM012 Friction Dash Mount.

Since pictures on a web site don't usually tell the whole story, you all may want to visit these sites that have given rave reviews about the ARKON friction mount. These reviewer links provide much more detailed images and videos of the Friction Mount in action.

From Tomtomax.FR (French Site) CM012 reviewed June 2, 2008
Given 5 out of 5
http://www.tomtomax.fr/test-support-arkon-tt112-cm012.html

From PocketGPSWorld (UK Site)
Arkon's Friction Mount is "Excellent"
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/arkon-gps-satnav-mounts-a2010.php

From GPSPassion.Com (June 12th)
"Arkon's cut-away front will work perfectly with those mounts which do not reach high enough to clear the rim of the other unit"
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=112970&#756062

I hope that gives you the information you're looking for. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for your clarification, Arkon8AR
We all know that the mini pedestal that comes with the TTGO112 will work beautifully, the question we all want to know is that will the ORIGINAL shipped standard pedestal with the CM012 has enough height for the usb car charger without tilt up the gps (x20).
Just note that the original standard pedestal is short, very short.

Ask a Question